Sling enclosure help

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Sorry one more question :arghh: But im not entirely sure whether to be using a water dish or a spray bottle to hydrate the sling. Some people say a sling will drown and some people say its the best method. Bit confused.
A water dish will do just fine - a healthy, mobile tarantula cannot, I repeat cannot drown unless it was held under the water for an eternity - misting is also a waste of time - just dampen half of the enclosure, that way it can decide for itself which side it prefers.

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
A water dish will do just fine - a healthy, mobile tarantula cannot, I repeat cannot drown unless it was held under the water for an eternity - misting is also a waste of time - just dampen half of the enclosure, that way it can decide for itself which side it prefers.
Thank you

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Sorry one more question :arghh: But im not entirely sure whether to be using a water dish or a spray bottle to hydrate the sling. Some people say a sling will drown and some people say its the best method. Bit confused.
As already said, if you can fit a water dish into the enclosure then use one, tarantulas are extremely difficult to drown (slings can literally walk on water and you'd have to fully submerge an adult for half an hour or so to drown it), spraying is a waste of time and just annoys the tarantula.

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
As already said, if you can fit a water dish into the enclosure then use one, tarantulas are extremely difficult to drown (slings can literally walk on water and you'd have to fully submerge an adult for half an hour or so to drown it), spraying is a waste of time and just annoys the tarantula.

Ok ive put in a small water bottle cap. Its because i saw a post about someones sling who had drowned or something and most of the replies in that thread were against a water dish. After your video and other peoples replies im gonna go with you lot

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
im gonna go with you lot
It's not a case of going along with our advice - it's the correct thing to do, your spider needs to drink, you may not see it but it does, believe me, from smallest slings to adults. It also helps with humidity to a point, if you can fit even a small bottle cap in there you're T will be better off for it....

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
It's not a case of going along with our advice - it's the correct thing to do, your spider needs to drink, you may not see it but it does, believe me, from smallest slings to adults. It also helps with humidity to a point, if you can fit even a small bottle cap in there you're T will be better off for it....
Will do