Sling enclosure help

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Personally I wouldn't use that 'paper hide' at all, instead, I would offer a couple more of anchor points. Size is ok from the little I can guess from your pics, still a bit 'bigger' (larger) wouldn't harm either.

A little sized water dish (in UK those are big in online inverts shops) should be offered... another reason for skip the 'paper hide'. Aside this, you are on the right track.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
From what I can tell, the size looks good. What kind of lid do you have for that, and does it have holes too? Just make sure there's enough ventilation so it doesn't get stuffy. And GBBs love to web so anchor points are key!

I agree with Chris about the hide too.

For water dishes for little slings, I use little cups for tattoo ink for water. They work well. You can buy a bunch off of Amazon.

I added a picture of an enclosure I put together for a GBB at about 1 inch. They grow quickly so you will be rehousing soon! 1210171036a.jpg

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
Personally I wouldn't use that 'paper hide' at all, instead, I would offer a couple more of anchor points. Size is ok from the little I can guess from your pics, still a bit 'bigger' (larger) wouldn't harm either.

A little sized water dish (in UK those are big in online inverts shops) should be offered... another reason for skip the 'paper hide'. Aside this, you are on the right track.
Would a bottlecap be ok as a water dish? I have some more small plastic plants ill use them as anchor points

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
From what I can tell, the size looks good. What kind of lid do you have for that, and does it have holes too? Just make sure there's enough ventilation so it doesn't get stuffy. And GBBs love to web so anchor points are key!

I agree with Chris about the hide too.

For water dishes for little slings, I use little cups for tattoo ink for water. They work well. You can buy a bunch off of Amazon.

I added a picture of an enclosure I put together for a GBB at about 1 inch. They grow quickly so you will be rehousing soon! View attachment 266776
The lid is well ventilated

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The new/updated enclosure looks great for a -1" gbb... but i would point out one more observation

Gbb slings are pretty skittish and flighty. Not always a great idea to have a lid you have to completely remove in order to feed, peek, or do maintenance.

Is it a must that you change it? Absolutely not.. is it a potential escape hazard? Of course

Just remember this comment when youre interacting with your sling, and always be prepared for a runner

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
The new/updated enclosure looks great for a -1" gbb... but i would point out one more observation

Gbb slings are pretty skittish and flighty. Not always a great idea to have a lid you have to completely remove in order to feed, peek, or do maintenance.

Is it a must that you change it? Absolutely not.. is it a potential escape hazard? Of course

Just remember this comment when youre interacting with your sling, and always be prepared for a runner
Im going to be grabbing a bigger more suitable container in a week or so. This was literally a container i found in the back of a cupboard lol. What would you recommend? Ive seen the generic critter creepers or whatever their called but i think their hideous

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
A 16 oz deli cup....clear, plus it has a pliable lid.....plus you can generally get them for free.

There is no sense looking for a fancy enclosure as it will be relatively temporary.
Sorry one more question :arghh: But im not entirely sure whether to be using a water dish or a spray bottle to hydrate the sling. Some people say a sling will drown and some people say its the best method. Bit confused.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Sorry one more question :arghh: But im not entirely sure whether to be using a water dish or a spray bottle to hydrate the sling. Some people say a sling will drown and some people say its the best method. Bit confused.
Personally if a little sized 'water dish' can enter, that's always the best option if you ask me. I've raised dozens and dozens of slings (including 'GBB' ones) without offering something similar to a water dish, but this because I always used very little enclosures.

cold blood

Staff member
Slings generally need damp substrate regardless. I use a water dish as long as the enclosure has the room for the water dish.

Bob Len

Arachnosquire
Personally if a little sized 'water dish' can enter, that's always the best option if you ask me. I've raised dozens and dozens of slings (including 'GBB' ones) without offering something similar to a water dish, but this because I always used very little enclosures.
Thank you