Scorpion Picture Thread

SteatodaNegrossa

Arachnopeon
My old emperor scorpion. I named him Vladimir Scorpiano. Sadly he was already past his final molt when I bought him. Still had a good 2 years with him. He was my first step in conquering my arachnophobia. Interesting enough though I found a scorpion to be a bit less creepy than a spider/tarantula for some reason. Lol. I ended up preserving him in clear epoxy resin. He resides on my desk in a small wood/glass display case. :) IMG_20111015_123833.jpg
IMG_20110714_172954.jpg IMG_20110714_224849.jpg FB_IMG_1484246518730.jpg IMG_20110825_195615.jpg IMAG0395-1.jpg IMAG0404-1.jpg

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
This is my asian forest scorpion i called him Marauder
https://gyazo.com/c4ca367f81201057b97a6aa7700479fe
https://gyazo.com/ee6b54e0eb239c8905da39a10c86ea0b
he is kinda smaller than i expected and has a greenish colour to him when i look at him in a certain light.
I believe he is a male that's what the company i bought him from said anyway i also have a desert hairy scorpion called Diablo i will get some pics up soon :)
If you are going to handle (not recommended) please at least do it safely over a soft surface close to the bottom to minimize the distance if it were to fall. The biggest risk though is if it gets spooked and stings which would be a surprise and result in it getting flung.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
Scorp hiding1.jpg Scorp home3.jpg

Malaysian Forest scorpion: my first one.

There's some issues I already mentioned, but she seems OK at the moment. Please offer any advice possible.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
It's only a 3 gallon enclosure. Any more substrate and she could just reach up and grab the screen on top of the cage.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Nothing wrong with her bring able to reach the lid and crawl around it's the space between the lid and the substrate you want to reduce so she won't really fall and hurt herself one or the other.

Either make it so it can't reach at all and will spend all day trying or just make it so where there's enough sub so when she does come down it's an easy get down or very easy stumble

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
They get noisey on those lids tho lol mine use to keep me up at night sometimes on the metal mesh

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
It would drive the cat insane.

Currently, she's outside in a critter keeper slowly chilling out to 50 degrees. In 45 minutes, it'll be over!! She did move slightly in the cage towards the light coming in from inside. It's 1am outside right now.

1;46 am, the temperature dropped successfully to 50 degrees. The scorp is still moving much to my surprise, but easy to pick up by the tail. Every motion is 10 times slower then normal. Heck, I probably could've cooled her down to 45 or 40 degrees without a problem, but I have no regret about the proper temperature.

By 1;50am, I'm done removing it. It was indeed wrapped around the leg and in the mouth. I had to hold her upside down by the tail one segment above the stinger. I had to pull it around, forward and downward towards the belly. As I removed it, her legs all went straight forward and allowed me to get it from her mouth--clever girl--and cleanly remove it. The object was indeed some sort of catgut like string with a broken small knot on the end which was obviously man-made. Nature doesn't tie knots like fish hooks!!

She sluggishly went on to one of her driftwood pieces opposite from the side heater on the cage, which was unplugged. She moved under her own power. I bring the cage to the scorp, not the other way around. I'm sure that foreign object was causing her to suffer horribly. Imagine a piece of chain tightly wrapped around your arm and jammed under your jawbone!! After removing it, she stopped wiggling and was happy to just hang around by the tail !!

People can be such cruel bastards!!

If she chooses not to eat, I know that is just the normal fasting behavior, not caused by some cruel person's practical joke!!

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Is that color a result of the juvie instar? Do they lose the dark spots when they molt out?

Also, where'd you get your A. australis? I've wanted one for ages!

Attached is a pic of my old L. quinquestriatus, who age has since taken from me.
Nope, they look like that for life. He's 5i now, I'll add a recent pic. I got him from a fellow Canadian on here named @Koh_ Hope you get one yourself they're feisty. :)

Attachments

alex346

Arachnopeon
Dinner time for my scorpions

My female Heterometrus petersii feeding on a large dubia

My subadult Centruroides gracilis (from @spiderdude88) feeding on a mid size dubia