Scorpion Picture Thread

CABIV

Arachnosquire
New little buddies! an Hadogenes paucidens and a Hadrurus arizonensis

Fresh from the pet shop-

Moved into her new home-

H. arizonensis Hanging out on his new rock. Wonder how long it takes them to start digging, then again, he only was dropped in yesterday.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Subadult Euscorpiops karschi from Tibet!

Its taken over two years to get to subadult.. crazy weird species

Attachments

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
@CABIV I received my Hadrurus yesterday and he already started digging its burrow, so there's maybe something wrong or he's simply here because he doesn't mind the light etc and he will eventually start :)

@G. Carnell Nice looking species, how big do they get?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are only about 1cm larger than Euscorpius species, so maybe 4-5cm

Probably same size as an adult E.italicus!

ramsnew11

Arachnopeon
1468824765920.jpg 1468824765920.jpg Hey myemperor scorpion has been all the way under its water bowl to where i can only ses the claws. It has been likethat for 4 days. Anyone have any ideas for why its under there

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Most likely just saw it as a liable hiding place, with a convenient supply of water right above it, which may also act as a humidifier.
Yeah, that substrate is looking a little too dry but then again so is the picture quality.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Scorpions tend to burrow under water dishes from my experience. I think it may cool them as well if they are right beneath it.

JTBBJ

Arachnopeon
I recently got a H . Arizonensis, I'm new to keeping this type of Scorp as I used to have an emp. He is very active at night, is it unusual for them to leave some of there prey uneaten? The last few times he's left half a cricket, is this normal?

Henry1975

Arachnopeon
My female Babycurus Gigas drinking from water drops on the terrarium walls. Guess she was very thirsty, coming out in broad day light right after the misting. I´ve never seen her drink from the water bowl though, same thing with the male. BTW I keep them at humidity around 70 - 75 % and day temp 84 F / 29 C and night temp 73 F / 22 C degrees. Of course there is always water in the mentioned bowl.

- If You think she is not just fat or something else seems wrong, please let me know.

(I keep the scorps in the basement for now so there is Styrofoam on the outsides of the enclousure, as isolation. That´s the white material in the picture. Works well IMO.)

20160717_193540.jpg

Last edited:

Cordyceps

Arachnopeon
Arrival of 5 new scorpions I ordered. Mesobuthus Gibbosus also known more commonly as the Mediterranean checkered scorpion. They didn't take long and arrived in good condition. One of them ate a meal worm within 5 minutes of being put in it's new home. They're my first "yellow" or desert scorpions so I'm excited because as far as scorpions go that is my absolute favorite aesthetic. I love the thin pedipalps and golden brown color. So I was very excited about getting these guys

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Awesome news from my scorps
a second baby Euscorpiops karschi has moulted to sub-adulthood!! woop woop!
I have 3 left and one near-dead adult male, need to keep this species in the hobby, they are really cool!

They seem to moult in a puddle of water, theyre always 'wet' after the moult. They come from Tibet

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Another couple of pics, subadult A.crassicauda (or 2 moults to go), these grow so fast!

Nebo hierichonticus, extremely fat subadult or possibly pregnant adult, i think she's too small for the latter though