Scorpion Picture Thread

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its actually sub-adult, so I'll have to wait a little while longer to sex it properly.

Michael

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had Parabuthus transvaalicus which sprays alot.....probably she didn't like me:)

nice second pic by the way

greets
Michael

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heres my to new scorps

dune scorp:

(likes his arrowhead)

and my asian forest..will be moved to cocofiber soon. hes a meany

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
C. vittatus pics

Gravid female :

Adult male(Left) and Sub-adult female(Right) :

Sorry for the bad quality,
Ryan

ROBTILE

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Uroplectes planimanus:

Odontorus dendatus:

Mesobuthus tamulus:

Parabuthus transvaalicus:

Hottentotta franzwerneri;

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my emperors (ooooh how rare ;) )

their favorite spot, dont really know why, its the only part of the tank the sun hits ( you can see the plants grown in the skulls direction), i assume because it gets warmed up here so its a nice perch at night.

rather large grasshopper getting drug into the burrow. he deserves it too, his bites hurt worse then emp pinches!

their favorite food, they go nuts over these lizards when they get one, its one lizard a week or 4-6 bugs (consisting of crickets/superworms or whatever i catch).

sorry for the quality of some of the pictures, bad camera, its a finepixa210.

ScorpDude

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LoganVivisected said:
their favorite spot, dont really know why, its the only part of the tank the sun hits ( you can see the plants grown in the skulls direction), i assume because it gets warmed up here so its a nice perch at night.

rather large grasshopper getting drug into the burrow. he deserves it too, his bites hurt worse then emp pinches!

their favorite food, they go nuts over these lizards when they get one, its one lizard a week or 4-6 bugs (consisting of crickets/superworms or whatever i catch).

sorry for the quality of some of the pictures, bad camera, its a finepixa210.
If they're spending alot of their time in the "sun spot" it makes me think they want it a bit warmer. Have you thought about taping a heatmat to the side of the tank so they've got a warm spot. Just a thought.

r8frazer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow never seen an emp eating a lizard before!! Awesome pic! And michael your photos are incredibly good.. how do you get them to look so clear!?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I felt that I had to post my Emp female too =) She's big and lazy, about 7" perhaps. Here she's sitting in my lap.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Some new pics of old species!:

Chaerilus rectimanus pair, from Singapore

Group of Heterometrus swammerdami from India

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Some more:

Chaerilus sp. Borneo I5

Liocheles australasiae, Philippines, I2

r8frazer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
George , your Swammis look sort of dusty and the sub looks a little dry.. is it just dry on top and theyv got a little dried dirt on them from being out of their hides or do Swammis require less humidity??

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey
The dusty one is a Male which i bough in mid april from the BTS show, he was already like that, and despite giving him water, hes never cleaned himself up like the other two, who are in nice shape (both the others are less than 2 years old)

Nikos had the same dusty thing in some of his scorps, and they died soon after, so this guy wont last long.. i made sure i used him though ;)

that female is no where near giving birth, so ive got all 3 (big female and 2 males) at room temperature, and humidity, its sub-standard, but at the moment im incubating my 2 highly gravid females (2 years since mating...) at high temp and humidity

they dont seem to require high humidity, but its best to keep them hot and humid ;p

ill post pics of my gravid swam!

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
More shots, my cams working...!!! YAY

H.swam female again, showing her claw, no dustyness

Gravid female (she was inseminated 20th November 2004, and is not responsive to males)

Euscorpius sp "paros" subadult (paros? or Korfu... not sure :()

Tityus paraensis pair, French Guyana