Scorpion Handling Pictures :-)

Marcelo

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
HERE IS MY "ELEVATOR METHOD"

Hello everyone,

I call this method "the elevator"

This is a pic of cleopatra in my hand, she is usually very docile. the way I handle her is by using a small piece of bark or wood I left inside its cage, once they already know the pice of bark (a pice of bark or wood wont attack, he he he) i try to make them to climb on the bark then I take them outside their cage, suddenly they will move from the bark you are holding to your hand, then you can just drop the bark to have your hand free, and take pics with the other hand. "the elevator method" fools them cause you are not holding them they climb on the bark, then they do not have other alternative but keep moving into your hand.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=49757

Hope my idea helps

Cheers

Marcelo

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Marcelo said:
Hello everyone,

I call this method "the elevator"

This is a pic of cleopatra in my hand, she is usually very docile. the way I handle her is by using a small piece of bark or wood I left inside its cage, once they already know the pice of bark (a pice of bark or wood wont attack, he he he) i try to make them to climb on the bark then I take them outside their cage, suddenly they will move from the bark you are holding to your hand, then you can just drop the bark to have your hand free, and take pics with the other hand. "the elevator method" fools them cause you are not holding them they climb on the bark, then they do not have other alternative but keep moving into your hand.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=49757

Hope my idea helps

Cheers

Marcelo
that is an excellent method of picking up nervous bugs. i use a similar method to hand buthid scorpions, giant centipedes, and more nervous tarantulas.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
mimic58 said:
You would not beleive how hard it is to smile with one of these on your face!
well, she didn't put it on her face... but she *is* smiling. this is my girlfriend, Jennifer. she is very bug friendly, and normally behind the camera in all of my pics :)

i think i might have to marry her...

Hadogenes paucidens, female

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

My gf handling a tiny Vaejovis (?) :) It was running on my hand and arm and she wanted to give it a try to.

When my mom visited us she said very often: you two go well together, she's as crazy as you since she picks up everything too :)

Oh, and I finally got hurt in Mexico (besides the countless mosquito bites): probably by a caterpillar. My mom let a branch swing back, against my leg, and ouch! ouch! The only thing I could find on the branch was a huge caterpillar with many hairs pointing everywhere. I was tempted to test if that was really the cause of the pain, but since the pain was real (burning), I decided not to try. (It went away after 10 minutes or so).

edit: she has been stung twice by C. flavopictus. Both times we got one in our house without knowing it, and she was the "lucky" one on both accounts. (Second time it was on her towel...)

Last edited:

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You guys are dare devils! People think I'm crazy when I hold my snake or tarantula! I am planning on getting a scorpion, but I don't think I'd ever put it on my face!!

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
wow, the H. Spadix on the last page is awsome...yeah, I used to put my emperor on my brothers face too...unfortunately my collection had been reduced to practically nothing, so I have nothing to show...its too bad cuz the I could show off my Centruroides handling skills...