Scolopendra dehaani major color change

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
How long hasn’t it been since you noticed t was molting and how do you know it’s dead?
It’s been 5 hours since I found her molting. The old exo skeleton didn’t belt or snag, instead it was randomly flaking off. The side skin around her spericles turned to a jelly like substance and I think she suffocated due to that. Absolutely no movement for 3 hours with a form of rigor Mortis setting in.

NYAN

Arachnoking
It’s been 5 hours since I found her molting. The old exo skeleton didn’t belt or snag, instead it was randomly flaking off. The side skin around her spericles turned to a jelly like substance and I think she suffocated due to that. Absolutely no movement for 3 hours with a form of rigor Mortis setting in.
Can you post a pic? Have you tried getting the old exoskeleton off?

NYAN

Arachnoking
That’s too bad... I would let it be for 12 hours and see what’s happens.. you never know.

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
Complete lack of movement and new exo is solidifying In very awkward non plump condition
That really sucks, sorry to hear it :( I'm pretty new to the hobby and it seems like there are a lot of molting horror stories that make me worry for when my Polymorpha and Dehaani start going into theirs.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Never had a single accident in my care in 6 years of keeping.. if the pede is WC it could have been weakened by the trip or parasites or even stress. Otherwise, it's just improper parameters.. :(

AZCeptipede

Arachnosquire
Never had a single accident in my care in 6 years of keeping.. if the pede is WC it could have been weakened by the trip or parasites or even stress. Otherwise, it's just improper parameters.. :(
Unfortunately I think both my pedes are WC, they both seem to be doing well right now though. I'm a bit worried about my "Thai Red" Dehaani though, I bought it at an expo on Sunday and I got it set up in a 5.5 gallon tank and it ate four crickets shortly after that but since it's seemed sluggish and I haven't seen it leave it's hide or attempt to burrow at all even at night. My Polymorpha seems to be doing better even though it's in a much smaller enclosure, it's built a nice little cave and is pretty active at night. Do you think it's something I should be worried about?

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
Parameters were correct however she was a pet store dehaani and she was missing a leg and a portion of an antenna therefore I assume she was wc