Scolopendra dehaani major color change

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
7CD0BD49-CB04-4B5B-A599-769A9897BFE0.jpeg My dehaani color has changed drastically over the past few months. She hasn’t molted since I got her and she’s been very reclusive in a den under her cork bark for about a month. I get the feeling it’s molt time but I’m not sure. Any ideas on the color change. It’s not a camera illusion. She used to be bright red and deep brown but now she’s almost uniformly orange like the red dragon type.

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
I think it has something to do with a molt. Has it been eating?

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Probably heavy premolt. My dark tiger E. rubripes also got a yellow shade before it molted.

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
I think it has something to do with a molt. Has it been eating?
Refused the last 2 meals. Also is missing the 3rd back leg from maxipede on left side so that should be a reason for an adult to molt

NYAN

Arachnoking
Refused the last 2 meals. Also is missing the 3rd back leg from maxipede on left side so that should be a reason for an adult to molt
I’ll bet it’ll burrow, molt and you’ll see a larger, brighter colored pede in a few weeks.

HunterScolo

Arachnosquire
It might even be a few days...
Is her molt going bad???? It seems to be falling apart randomly like a python shedding rather that her slipping out I carefully removed her head plate and a few segments and left her be after misting but it doesn’t seem like the legs are coming out

Attachments

NYAN

Arachnoking
Leave it be, I think it’ll be ok. If anything is stuck on afterwards or it gets stuck that’s when you can intervene.