Roaches are yuck lol

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
But only the adult males have wings, and they cannot even use them to fly. :/

I COMPLETELY agree. Red Runners are fast little buggers. They are usually too fast for me. *sigh* Plus, since they are so fast, they are prone to escaping, and unlike dubias, they WILL breed.

Dubias are incapable of breeding in temperatures under ~90* mixed with high humidity.
Males can fly, they can't get much lift on their own but they can fly just fine. But they never have any desire to, why leave some place that has EVERY thing, including room service?

I mean honestly, I love my roaches, I find them adorable. But house roaches, such as german and stuff are rather unclean because they aren't picky about what they eat etc. I love tropical species though, I them cute, intelligent, and some species are very beautiful as adults <3

keks

Arachnobaron
Roaches ARE cute ... as long as they don't live in my sink -.-".
I bought a box of roaches for my tarantulas. In this box were baby roaches. Now I can't feed them :shifty:. They are all in a separate container and are going to be pets. I continue feeding crickets.

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic about not feeding off the roaches or not, Keks? which is sad... currently I am trying to get used to everyone's sarcasm on here... it shows up in slightly different forms than I am used to on other forums and it makes me horribly confused since I have enough issues not taking things literally anyways XD

I like to think that you found the babies so endearing that you got attached and couldn't feed them off. But that is also a bit silly since I raise roaches through the entire cycle, and I feed off babies? But I also find it cute if you can't? I am odd XD

keks

Arachnobaron
I can't tell if you are being sarcastic about not feeding off the roaches or not, Keks? which is sad... currently I am trying to get used to everyone's sarcasm on here... it shows up in slightly different forms than I am used to on other forums and it makes me horribly confused since I have enough issues not taking things literally anyways XD

I like to think that you found the babies so endearing that you got attached and couldn't feed them off. But that is also a bit silly since I raise roaches through the entire cycle, and I feed off babies? But I also find it cute if you can't? I am odd XD
XD I meant what I wrote, I can't feed them. Unfortunately. Maybe I can when I have a population boom :rofl:!

JDS123

Arachnosquire

hard to tell online humor sometimes. Dont feel bad. Im sure they will clear it up for you.:)

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
hard to tell online humor sometimes. Dont feel bad. Im sure they will clear it up for you.:)
I hope so XD, it's so interesting how on a forum to forum basis it can take a while to adjust to a new one. I am a part of a lot since I have a LOT of different specific animals in my house who do best with sepcialized care. So I usually find my way there as soon as they arrive XD

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
am I the only one that wouldn't care if a tarantula egg sack opened in your ear, but the roaches still gross me out lmao??
I still find pest species of roach somewhat revolting, but the dubia roaches don't really bother me. They look like little armadillos and are kind of amusing.

My wife loves the tarantulas, but is really upset we now have dubias around
It took me a couple of years to persuade my husband to let me try dubias as feeders, and the only reason he acquiesced is that they are unlikely to be able to start an infestation (if they escaped).

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I struggle pre-killing baby dubias. They look so adorable. How can they not be? Fussy, but healthy eaters. Clean. Slow. Doesnt jump. Plays possum. Looks like a pillbug. -_-

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
Males can fly, they can't get much lift on their own but they can fly just fine. But they never have any desire to, why leave some place that has EVERY thing, including room service?

I mean honestly, I love my roaches, I find them adorable. But house roaches, such as german and stuff are rather unclean because they aren't picky about what they eat etc. I love tropical species though, I them cute, intelligent, and some species are very beautiful as adults <3
Really? I don't even cover my dubia bins anymore. I have never witnessed any males even so much as fluttering, even when cleaning and handling them.

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
"cute" lol..............pill bugs are cute, not roaches lol
Ah, all a matter of opinion, I guess. I find them to be much more convenient than other feeders such as crickets or red runners. To each his own, though. What feeder do you prefer?

Caseyface

Arachnosquire
I struggle pre-killing baby dubias. They look so adorable. How can they not be? Fussy, but healthy eaters. Clean. Slow. Doesnt jump. Plays possum. Looks like a pillbug. -_-
I am the same way!! I have to focus on the need of feeding in order to get through the sound and resistance of crushing their little heads. :( For my wee little small slings, I offer them a dubia leg, and man...that it probably the worst. I'll try and rip off the legs quickly, and then feed the sad dubia to my oldest bearded dragon, for a quick death.

I love my dubias and give them the best life I can, even if they are a just feeder. I still feel like a monster, sometimes.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
I am the same way!! I have to focus on the need of feeding in order to get through the sound and resistance of crushing their little heads. :( For my wee little small slings, I offer them a dubia leg, and man...that it probably the worst. I'll try and rip off the legs quickly, and then feed the sad dubia to my oldest bearded dragon, for a quick death.

I love my dubias and give them the best life I can, even if they are a just feeder. I still feel like a monster, sometimes.
Me yesterday slicing roaches. I cant stand it. It hurts it. Im sure they are delicous... :D
35C476C500000578-3665000-image-a-10_1467154647835.jpg

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Really? I don't even cover my dubia bins anymore. I have never witnessed any males even so much as fluttering, even when cleaning and handling them.
I have only ever see them fly on vids when they have gotten out of bins for prolonged times. And they do. I also have personally seen them hover during territory battles. But roaches also recognize their caretakers, and they have no reason to leave the bin. They are intelligent, as long as you provide them with food consistently and nothing is off with their enclosures etc, they won't leave.