Restarting collection.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
You have a lot of great species but I'd also recommend P. subfusca, P. ornata, P. auratus, A. geniculata, G. pulchripes, A. ezendami, P. cambridgei & T. stirmi.

TexasPokie

Arachnopeon
You have a lot of great species but I'd also recommend P. subfusca, P. ornata, P. auratus, A. geniculata, G. pulchripes, A. ezendami, P. cambridgei & T. stirmi.
Subfusca have been tough for me to find. How come so many recommendations for P.cambrigei? I have an Irminia and think Victorii or Ecclesiasticus are cooler looking. Never had any of the psalmopoeus before though. Are cambrigei any hardier? Or what's the draw?

Last edited:

Adan

Arachnopeon
I just recently restarted my collection and currently only have 2 g. pulchra slings and 2 p. sazimai slings. I plan to add a few baboons to the collection but kinda waiting for the right price on a few.

krequiem

Arachnopeon
Subfusca have been tough for me to find. How come so many recommendations for P.cambrigei? I have an Irminia and think Victorii or Ecclesiasticus are cooler looking. Never had any of the psalmopoeus before though. Are cambrigei any hardier? Or what's the draw?
P. subfusca may be harder to find for you because they're one of the Sri Lankan pokies on the endangered species list. You can only legally buy one from an instate breeder.

YoshiDavid

Arachnopeon
I was out of the hobby for about 15 years and have restarted my collection.
2 G. Quirogai 2" unsexed
2 P. Metallica 1.5" unsexed
2 C. Cyanopubesence 1.5 and 1" indexed
2 P Murinus 1.5" unsexed
2 C.Versicolor 2.5" and .75" unsexed
1 P. Platyomma 1.5" unsexed
1 P. Vitatta 3" possible Male
1 B. Albopilosum .75"
1 P. Irminia 1.5"
1 Haplopus sp. Large .25"
2 P. Sazimai 3/4"
1 E. Cyanognathus 1.25"
1 L. Violacoepes 1.5"
1 C. Fimbriatus 1.5"
2 H. Pulchripes 1"
1 N. Chromatus 25"
1 G. Iheringi 1.5"

What would be your next "must have" arboreal, terrestrial and Fossorial Ts if you only had the ones on my list?Some I really want are P. Regalis,Phillipine Tangerine, Chilean Flame, D. Diamantinensis, C marshalii, N. Incei gold
I realize this is an old post but it got me to thinking….
Arboreal: phormingochilus carpenteri, poecilotheria rufilata

Terrestrial: any of the horned baboons: darlingi, brachycephalus, marshalli (as stated)

Fossorial: cyriopagopus lividus,
birupes simoroxygorum, ephebopus murinus

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I realize this is an old post but it got me to thinking….
Arboreal: phormingochilus carpenteri, poecilotheria rufilata

Terrestrial: any of the horned baboons: darlingi, brachycephalus, marshalli (as stated)

Fossorial: cyriopagopus lividus,
birupes simoroxygorum, ephebopus murinus
Ahhhhh this is almost 3 years old OP more than likely already got what they wanted.

But hey...you never know.

YoshiDavid

Arachnopeon
Ahhhhh this is almost 3 years old OP more than likely already got what they wanted.

But hey...you never know.
Yeah I figured that’s probably the case but it was still a fun topic to think about. I pretty much only jump in on old threads, based on many posters reactions I feel like it’s gonna get me ex-communicated lol. I’m the equivalent of teaching your grandparent how to use the internet. Oh well!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Yeah I figured that’s probably the case but it was still a fun topic to think about. I pretty much only jump in on old threads, based on many posters reactions I feel like it’s gonna get me ex-communicated lol. I’m the equivalent of teaching your grandparent how to use the internet. Oh well!
Lol....no never ex-communicated. You never know they might see your suggestion.

I recently posted on an old post requesting photos of a particular adult tarantula. I've had no luck yet.

JonnyTorch

Arachnotwit
I was out of the hobby for about 15 years and have restarted my collection.
2 G. Quirogai 2" unsexed
2 P. Metallica 1.5" unsexed
2 C. Cyanopubesence 1.5 and 1" indexed
2 P Murinus 1.5" unsexed
2 C.Versicolor 2.5" and .75" unsexed
1 P. Platyomma 1.5" unsexed
1 P. Vitatta 3" possible Male
1 B. Albopilosum .75"
1 P. Irminia 1.5"
1 Haplopus sp. Large .25"
2 P. Sazimai 3/4"
1 E. Cyanognathus 1.25"
1 L. Violacoepes 1.5"
1 C. Fimbriatus 1.5"
2 H. Pulchripes 1"
1 N. Chromatus 25"
1 G. Iheringi 1.5"

What would be your next "must have" arboreal, terrestrial and Fossorial Ts if you only had the ones on my list?Some I really want are P. Regalis,Phillipine Tangerine, Chilean Flame, D. Diamantinensis, C marshalii, N. Incei gold
My next few I'd like are Cyriopagopus sp. Hati hati, H. mac and Chilobrachys sp. Electric Blue.

YoshiDavid

Arachnopeon
Looking for Ybyrapora sooretama adult photos.

I believe but not really sure might be similiar in appearance to Ybyrapora diversipes.
Wow. I thought I at least recognized the name of almost every species by now but I have to say I have never even heard mention of that one before. Probably why nobody has piped up, they must not be very established in the hobby. As far as I can tell from google images it is not quite as striking as the diversipes but similar patterning. The “triangle” pattern seems to be a little more muted also but might depend of lifestage. Some of those avicularinae really seem to go through dramatic changes. Well you’ve certainly given me something to look into. I’ve been so deep in the Asian arboreal ‘rabbit hole’ that I almost forgot about this side of the world. I’ll keep my eyes and ears peeled incase sooretama gets a mention!

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Wow. I thought I at least recognized the name of almost every species by now but I have to say I have never even heard mention of that one before. Probably why nobody has piped up, they must not be very established in the hobby. As far as I can tell from google images it is not quite as striking as the diversipes but similar patterning. The “triangle” pattern seems to be a little more muted also but might depend of lifestage. Some of those avicularinae really seem to go through dramatic changes. Well you’ve certainly given me something to look into. I’ve been so deep in the Asian arboreal ‘rabbit hole’ that I almost forgot about this side of the world. I’ll keep my eyes and ears peeled incase sooretama gets a mention!
I found Ybyrapora sooretama slings for sale and the photos are awesome. This is the first time I've seen them offered.

However do not know what the adults look like.

YoshiDavid

Arachnopeon
I found Ybyrapora sooretama slings for sale and the photos are awesome. This is the first time I've seen them offered.

However do not know what the adults look like.
I’m guessing these are close to full grown. They’d be a smaller species. Almost reminds me of those Brazilian jewels a little bit but hopefully not as pricey. Where do you live where they have slings? I’m guessing the states. I’m in Canada so the selection is not on par and some of the prices are nuts.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I’m guessing these are close to full grown. They’d be a smaller species. Almost reminds me of those Brazilian jewels a little bit but hopefully not as pricey. Where do you live where they have slings? I’m guessing the states. I’m in Canada so the selection is not on par and some of the prices are nuts.
I'm in the U.S. so it's a U.S. dealer

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Looking for Ybyrapora sooretama adult photos.
Your best bets of finding photos of adults are probably either looking them up under their old name (Avicularia sooretama) or checking the Avic revision where they were moved to Ybyrapora (should include photos of all life stages).

If those aren't your own photos or you haven't asked the image owner for permission then you'll need to delete them from your post because of AB's copyright rules

YoshiDavid

Arachnopeon
Your best bets of finding photos of adults are probably either looking them up under their old name (Avicularia sooretama) or checking the Avic revision where they were moved to Ybyrapora (should include photos of all life stages).

If those aren't your own photos or you haven't asked the image owner for permission then you'll need to delete them from your post because of AB's copyright rules
Didn’t realize that; sorry

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Ahhh thanks, didn't know their old name. That'll help alot thx again.