Pseudhapalopus sp Blue Rump info needed

igotcrabs

Arachnopeon
Its interesting how these slow growing species always seem to disappear from the hobby. On top of the original 40-50 that were mentioned at the top of this thread from 7 years ago, there's has been several more imports after that. So why are they so rare? Potentially a couple of hundred should be in the U.S. now. Where do all these slings go ????? I had to import a mature male from another country for my last mating attempt.

I'll answer for Eric since this thread is pretty dated and he's not much active on the boards these days. Yes slow growing. This thread is a nice reminder that they entered the hobby in 2008. It wasn't until 2 years ago that I had my first males mature, so it took them 5-6-ish years to mature ( and I tend to grow my spiders fast here). Unfortunately my first few breeding attempts were failures. But I was pretty proud to pull the first successful U.S. today actually ( funny how this thread popped up today as well).

Later, Tom

Tom, I got one of your babies from FNT!

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
@Philth
Tom I have an @3.5-4" immature male from your first breeding I believe? Good for the next sac, when he is ready. Damn they grow slow!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
@Philth
Tom I have an @3.5-4" immature male from your first breeding I believe? Good for the next sac, when he is ready. Damn they grow slow!
My first sac was only a few months ago, so if you have a 3.5 incher its not one of mine, and likely a European import.

Fear Not Tarantulas, at least they said they were from a Tom Patterson.. assuming that it's you.
Gotcha ya, yeah she bought some from me. I just couldn't figure out the FNT acronym.

Later, Tom

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
My first sac was only a few months ago, so if you have a 3.5 incher its not one of mine, and likely a European import.

Gotcha ya, yeah she bought some from me. I just couldn't figure out the FNT acronym.

Later, Tom
I thought you had a sac a few years ago, whats the average full size of the MM's Tom

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I thought you had a sac a few years ago, whats the average full size of the MM's Tom
Actually I just checked and that eggsac was about a year ago, dam time fly's lol. Regardless they grow slow as poop, so there shouldn't be 3.5 inchers from my sac yet. Most males that I've had were about 3 inches, so yours should mature soon.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Actually I just checked and that eggsac was about a year ago, dam time fly's lol. Regardless they grow slow as poop, so there shouldn't be 3.5 inchers from my sac yet. Most males that I've had were about 3 inches, so yours should mature soon.
Thanks Tom