Pseudhapalopus sp Blue Rump info needed

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello i might be getting a little one of these and i cant find any info on them. If any body has ANY info on them it would be much apreciated thank you.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
I'm to lazy to go search for links, for you to read. But just to get your mouth watering:drool: here's a pic of one ..... ;P

Later, Tom

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
gettin one for sure thats one beauuutiful T lol

teresterial/arboreal?
size ?
humidity?

CodeWilster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
LOL! Nice pic Philth

Here's an adult
http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/images/Pseudhapalopus_blue_A.jpg

I should be getting one in the mail soon. They should turn out to be a neat little T. Their common name as I have seen them is "Colombian Bluebottle". So, I guess they come from Colombia :) I'm assuming they are on the smaller side, are a terrestrial, and need moderate humidity and warmth. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me!!! Now's a great time to get one too. I'm pretty sure only a few babies are left for sale in the US.

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
LOL! Nice pic Philth

Here's an adult
http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/insect/images/Pseudhapalopus_blue_A.jpg

I should be getting one in the mail soon. They should turn out to be a neat little T. Their common name as I have seen them is "Colombian Bluebottle". So, I guess they come from Colombia :) I'm assuming they are on the smaller side, are a terrestrial, and need moderate humidity and warmth. If I'm wrong somebody please correct me!!! Now's a great time to get one too. I'm pretty sure only a few babies are left for sale in the US.
Ya i just talked to ken (ktbg) and he said that there is only about thirty in the country!! as he brought them in. i just placed my order, and thanks for the info!

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ya i just talked to ken (ktbg) and he said that there is only about thirty in the country!! as he brought them in.
Besides the 12 that were here in TX since last year ;)

There was another import as well (I know Reptist had them for sale, so they've come in at least 3 times). So, if ken did bring in a full 30, then I bet there's at least 50 (minimum) in the states if I was guesstimating.

Mine are all little specs still too, imagine they'll be that way for awhile.

Eric

Last edited:

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

There was another import as well (I know Reptist had them for sale, so they've come in at least 3 times). So, if ken did bring in a full 30, then I bet there's at least 50 (minimum) in the states if I was guesstimating.

Eric
Not sure when he brought them in but it is possible they came from him and its possible they did not he wasnt talking dates or how many at a time, they coulda got them from him ?????

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not sure when he brought them in but it is possible they came from him and its possible they did not he wasnt talking dates or how many at a time, they coulda got them from him ?????
Oh, I wasn't asking a question. I know they've come into the country separately at least 3 times. The first import was a private one (for myself and another hobbyist)... then there's been at least 2 (maybe more) imports by dealers.

Anyways, it doesn't matter... I just wanted to point out that there was more in the country than you had mentioned.

Now, maybe I should go feed the little dust mites.

Eric

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh, I wasn't asking a question. I know they've come into the country separately at least 3 times. The first import was a private one (for myself and another hobbyist)... then there's been at least 2 (maybe more) imports by dealers.

Anyways, it doesn't matter... I just wanted to point out that there was more in the country than you had mentioned.

Now, maybe I should go feed the little dust mites.

Eric
yep no big deal, but theres still not many around, and a cool lookin beast

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I

Eric

I only brought in 20 ...had no clue that reptist brought them in though.

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
easy

They are very easy to keep. I just crush the head on a roach toss it in there and the next day they are fat and happy.
James
www.blaberus.com

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm to lazy to go search for links, for you to read. But just to get your mouth watering:drool: here's a pic of one ..... ;P

Later, Tom
Woh! thats huge mine are tinny, I suppose to have 10 of em but,
I cant find any, lol

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

Eric
Are these slow growers?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Its interesting how these slow growing species always seem to disappear from the hobby. On top of the original 40-50 that were mentioned at the top of this thread from 7 years ago, there's has been several more imports after that. So why are they so rare? Potentially a couple of hundred should be in the U.S. now. Where do all these slings go ????? I had to import a mature male from another country for my last mating attempt.

Are these slow growers?
I'll answer for Eric since this thread is pretty dated and he's not much active on the boards these days. Yes slow growing. This thread is a nice reminder that they entered the hobby in 2008. It wasn't until 2 years ago that I had my first males mature, so it took them 5-6-ish years to mature ( and I tend to grow my spiders fast here). Unfortunately my first few breeding attempts were failures. But I was pretty proud to pull the first successful U.S. today actually ( funny how this thread popped up today as well).

Later, Tom

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Congrats Tom!!! We need more of them..... now if they would grow a little faster LOL

Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Its interesting how these slow growing species always seem to disappear from the hobby. On top of the original 40-50 that were mentioned at the top of this thread from 7 years ago, there's has been several more imports after that. So why are they so rare? Potentially a couple of hundred should be in the U.S. now. Where do all these slings go ????? I had to import a mature male from another country for my last mating attempt.

I'll answer for Eric since this thread is pretty dated and he's not much active on the boards these days. Yes slow growing. This thread is a nice reminder that they entered the hobby in 2008. It wasn't until 2 years ago that I had my first males mature, so it took them 5-6-ish years to mature ( and I tend to grow my spiders fast here). Unfortunately my first few breeding attempts were failures. But I was pretty proud to pull the first successful U.S. today actually ( funny how this thread popped up today as well).

Later, Tom
Wow, nice. Do you have some adult photos? I've been trying to look up some online but sometimes people label them wrong.