Genus Poecilotheria

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
haha...now if we could find a way to make any sacs laid actually fertile..

Dear god that reminds me of my fiance when I was first trying to breed our rufilata's (keep in mind she didnt know muvh about tarantulas at the time) they just wouldnt do anything at they cohabed for about two months and nothing. So finally one day she comes home and comes running in the bathroom while I was showering pretty much almost yelling saying "babe I thought of the perfect idea at work today to get the pair to breed!" So I start giggling and ask whats that. And her response is.... "why dont we pull them both out you pinch hold the girl like you do wjen you picm her up and ill get the male to stick his hands in her!" I laughed so hard I fell. Rofl!

---------- Post added 11-05-2011 at 01:21 AM ----------

Now keep in mind this girl has produces more sacs then me.... Rofl

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hahaha...that is pretty funny man....looking forward to meeting you both..im sure we will have some laughs...
Dear god that reminds me of my fiance when I was first trying to breed our rufilata's (keep in mind she didnt know muvh about tarantulas at the time) they just wouldnt do anything at they cohabed for about two months and nothing. So finally one day she comes home and comes running in the bathroom while I was showering pretty much almost yelling saying "babe I thought of the perfect idea at work today to get the pair to breed!" So I start giggling and ask whats that. And her response is.... "why dont we pull them both out you pinch hold the girl like you do wjen you picm her up and ill get the male to stick his hands in her!" I laughed so hard I fell. Rofl!

---------- Post added 11-05-2011 at 01:21 AM ----------

Now keep in mind this girl has produces more sacs then me.... Rofl

Nikt

Arachnopeon
Poecilotheria sp. Lowland

Poecilotheria rufilata

Run!

Poecilotheria metallica

Poecilotheria formosa

Spiderbalazs

Arachnopeon
My favorite poecilotheria's:

Subfusca high young female

DSC01972.jpg

Subfusca lowland young female

fászka.jpg

Poecilotheria metallica

Ariel.jpg

meta.jpg

metaa.jpg

Rada

Arachnopeon
Take a pic of the male p. Ornata LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
On a personal note, I think Pokies are overrated in terms of aggression. I rarely seen my rear up. Hell, my G. Rosea does it more than my P. Regalis does. Granted, IF you get bit, it's going to be a little worse than a G. Rosea bite, but if you simply don't handle it, what's the big deal?

I've played around with my pokie quite a bit (Don't take the word "played" wrong, I didn't harass the spider in stupid ways :p) and have only seen it get up on it's back legs once. Maybe if you give them a decent place to hide, they won't bite as often. Seems to work for me. They really aren't the monsters they're made out to be (Although, it's best if you treat it like one..)
I concur. They really aren't monsters, I have many and they are my favorite genus. I love them dearly and the only "aggressive" poki I have is my male P. Miranda. He attacks anything including water. Though he doesn't go after my hand or anything when it's in his terrarium. I think he just likes to act tough.

And my P. Subfusca is a sweetheart, her and I watch t.v together often :p She likes to sit on my arm or hand and just chill. haha

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Definatly not monsters.....

P. formosa female...

P. miranda MM

...and some more of my 2 female formosa sac mates

her crooked folio...still there, molt after molt

her sister...

Some juvie ornata

adult female

P. regalis female