Genus Poecilotheria

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you :)

She isn't adult yet, only about ~3.5 inches in legspan. Very docile though, which apart from her sheer beauty is one reason why I have so many photos of her.

Thanks! That's about the size of my highlands ... amazing really how adult-like subfuscas tend to look at an even younger age, especially in photos. Your shot reminds me of why I so much prefer bara/lowlands though ... my little commune of them are just 4th instar, and this photo makes me very impatient! ;)

panterafreak21

Arachnopeon
P.pedersini i really think this is an underrated pokie. many say this looks almost like a regalis but i think there nothing a alike. 5inch female.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last edited:

J Morningstar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just a few new pics of my P. Ornata, I hadn't seen it for a while and it's bigger than I ever thought, about 3" resting legspan.

papilio

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm really falling in love with this species! This is the first time I've seen her out of her hide since molting sometime in the past 2 weeks, showing a very nice increase in pattern contrast.

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli juvie female (4"). "Tiger Ornamental" by _papilio, on Flickr

Poecilotheria tigrinawesseli juvie female (4"). "Tiger Ornamental" by _papilio, on Flickr

scuba113

Arachnosquire
Some of my collection of Poecilotheria's I will post more when i can get better picture. I would also like others to post their pictures of pokies.

regalis

ghost

Male metallica

Female metallica

Female ornata

Female fasciata