pockies: over rated

seacowst

Arachnosquire
I dont get the pockie hype, they all look the same execpt p.met, there rather dull in genral, and most are far from cheap, so what is the hype all about?

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
Its just a matter of preference although I have to say im yet to see a dull or boring looking pokie, all of the various species I have encountered have striking hues or brown, grey even black so just because they're not blue and yellow it certainly does not make them dull.

Arachtion

Arachnobaron
Its just a matter of preference although I have to say im yet to see a dull or boring looking pokie, all of the various species I have encountered have striking hues or brown, grey even black so just because they're not blue and yellow it certainly does not make them dull.
Agreed, check out P.subfusca and tell me that's dull, fair enough there's 4/5 that look similar but Miranda and rufilata are also nice

BaddestRuffest

Arachnosquire
Oh sure some of the pokie genus look alike and to those unfamiliar with the species they can all look the same but can't that be said about alot of the genus' ?

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
I dont get the pockie hype, they all look the same execpt p.met, there rather dull in genral, and most are far from cheap, so what is the hype all about?
:eek::eek::eek:

You gotta be kidding me, just look at the subfusca/regalis/ornata. That pattern on their carapace, that pattern on abdomen, that size they can get, that attitude!

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You could say the same for most genera

Haplopelma all look similar
Avicularia all look similar
Cyriopagopus all look similar
Aphonopelma almost all look similar

etc.

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
Yeah pokies are amazing T's one of the best in the hobby (my view), I love the patterns and colouration.

seacowst

Arachnosquire
No not trolling I just can't see why people act like they are god with 8 legs

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
They don't really do much for me either. They are beautiful, especially the P.metallica, but I don't need to have one of each.They don't look different enough from each other for me to want that. I can recognize the rufilata (green) and the metallica (blue) but if you show me a picture of one of the others I couldn't tell you which one it is. If you show me several pictures side by side, of course I could tell they're different. But I still wouldn't recognize the species.

If eventually I would own a P.metallica and maybe a P.regalis (or was it ornata?) I would consider my Pokie collection complete.

I do get what others see in them, though. Maybe if I did a little more research on them I would appreciate them more myself.

pardozer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I too thought they were overrated... I bought my first Poecilotheria in late January, a P. Metallica sling. By Valentine's Day I had a second Metallica and 2 P. Subfuscas highland cf. I will soon own some Mirandas and I'm considering a 4" Ornata female.

All you have to do is see them in person and I think you might change your mind.

For the next time you try to "stir the pot." Please know how to spell your argument correctly. You will get more respect.

ZTguy

Arachnopeon
Spoken like someone who has never had pokies. :) They do look kind of similar in photos but they do look so much better in person.

FoxtheLviola

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I didn't get the hype either until I got my female ornata. She was possibly going to be a gift for my brother, but then I just fell in love, so I kept her. My next group of slings will definitely have some Poecis in it.