CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
transfering method 1.

Even the most defensive one, this technique will work almost for sure I took my gigas because she is very very bad with me most of the time :) that was a good exemple of a T that can gives you trouble for transfering. but from my little experience with that,PLUS what i've read, most of the time they will run into the container and stay in the bottom of it (they feel safe, like in a burrow) they're a bit stuck in same time, they usually run directly in it and stay there, but you still should prepare the lid and immediatly put it back when the T is in it because sometimes they will get out immediatly

EDIT ; HEY im sorry I bother your tread Common_spider.

Last edited:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
gustavowright said:
Kirdec, Could it done with big kings also?kinda scary man...

well this gigas was 6-7 inch, pretty big, but if your talking of the big 10 inch blondi, well ...I would just use a bigger pill container. the method 1 can work .... but as you can see my 7 inch geniculata is pretty tight in it, but IMO theres still enough room for some more inch in that! use this method its gona work IMO

the main thing is to stay calm, when your nervous you do stupid moves ... YOU control the situation

Jmadson13

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good handling tips Kirdec, Nice P. cancerides Common. These are severely underrated spiders in my opinion.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice. I always thought this species was really unappreciated.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my phormic loves to redecorate her tank. and today, she completely turned her tank into an underground cave. confused?

before:

after:

and an updated shelf shot:

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh, yeah. in other news, i moved my A. purpurea into the large kritter keeper next to the vials and pistachio jar.

Art Klass

Arachnopeon
This is my first photo to put on this site. This sling moulted a couple of days ago and finally graced me with its presence today, so I snapped a few pics. It ended up with a little more color than before. I would guess it at about 1" or so. I hope you like it.

Attachments

Taylor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oooooohhhh, aaaaaahhh

perdy! mine is about four inches and is one of my favorites. i love the sheen they get as they get older. The blue as babies is so beautifull! have fun with it.

tarantula_lovr

Arachnopeon
My Phormictopus cancerides. This is a close up, it is really onlt about 2 inches.

Last edited:

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pretty

Mine is about the same size as yours. Mines eat wells and just molted i dont know how long ago.

Last edited:

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think these guys are a bit under appreciated......

they're one of my favorites! for sure.

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well brian,

looks like no one ever replied to this 2 year old thread......

so ill be the one to tell you.....NICE PICS and SPIDER!!!!

P. cancerides is one of my favorites.....ive got 3 of them right now.