Petition! - Please take 2 minutes to help our hobby!

joshuai

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
alaska senator!

"Responding to your message‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Wed 5/26/10 8:21 AM
To: joshuai@live.com

Dear Mr. Brewer,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the mailing of tarantulas in the U.S. Postal system. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

Having reviewed the merits of mailing tarantulas and analyzed the reason for the current mailing rules which exist, I believe that provisions should be made in the Domestic Mail Manual (DMM) to allow the mailing of tarantulas. For this reason, I have sent a letter to the Postmaster General to request that he make the necessary changes to the DMM.

The U.S. Postal Service is an independent organization within the federal government, and ultimately mailing restrictions fall under the authority of the Postmaster General. While I cannot guarantee that he will make these changes, you should know that this is an issue which will receive my continued attention.

Once again, thank you for expressing your views on this issue. If you haven't already, I would encourage you to sign up for my e-newsletter at http://donyoung.house.gov/IMA/issue_subscribe.htm and my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RepDonYoung. Doing so will allow me to provide you with updates on this and other important issues. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

EMAIL.BEGINHIDE.MERGE

M

Sincerely,

DON YOUNG

Congressman for All Alaska

DY/BN

Sincerely,

DON YOUNG

Congressman for All Alaska"

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think that this was the most promising letter response yet. Let's keep 'em going and make the system work for us like they're supposed to.

blackrayne

Arachnopeon
signed...number 11 for va...va is very conservative so i dont have much hope for it, although the list that someone posted for nm not too long ago was the most extreme ive seen...having to have a permit for neon tetras? i hope i read it wrong...

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, Ken!!!

"You are the 36th person from Florida to sign this petition!"
:clap:

AndrewBiddar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dear Mr. Biddar:

Thank you for contacting me in support of altering domestic mail requirements to allow for the shipment of tarantulas. I appreciate hearing from you on this issue.

Tarantulas comprise a group of hairy and often large spiders belonging mainly to the family Theraphosidae, of which nearly 900 species have been identified. Most tarantulas are harmless to humans, and some species are popular in exotic pet trade. All tarantulas are venomous, but only some species have venom that can harm humans. Because tarantulas are venomous, the United States Postal Service (USPS) does not permit for their shipment. Section 8.5 of the USPS Domestic Mail Manual says that "any article composition, or material is nonmailable if it can kill or injure another or injure the mail or other property." This includes, but is not limited to, "all poisonous animals except scorpions mailed for medical research purposes or for the manufacture of antivenom; all poisonous insects; all poisonous reptiles; and all types of snakes, turtles, and spiders."

Although no legislation has been introduced to amend the postal code to provide for the shipment of tarantulas, please be assured that I will keep your views in mind should this occur.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,

US Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Petition Signed by Danny & Ashley. (Seperately) :D
[26/27th person from MI to sign]

Thanks
US Arachnids