Personal Experiences with Chaco Golden Knee (Grammostola pulchripes)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
To the OP...I had a sling, she's now about 5" DLS, maybe smaller. Her disposition is perfect. Mine was a slow grower, but most on here will say they are faster than mine for some unknown reason.

If you want a T with a perfect disposition find a female of this> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eynusLViSwj

But if you want a large T with a good chance of getting a good disposition, than get the Chaco.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I got her for free after a friend got it as a joke gift for Christmas, and she was going to leave it outside in the middle of December.
I have to wonder what sort of person would give a living creature as a "joke" gift...

Good thing you got it before the plan to leave it outside was carried through.

cold blood

Staff member
I have to wonder what sort of person would give a living creature as a "joke" gift...

It happens, I got my first when a neighbor bought one as a "joke" to throw at his roommate. Not all t purchases are responsible by a long shot:(

CBickert

Arachnopeon

My roommate at the time, a girl, is deathly afraid of spiders. Her "friend" a guy who keeps scorps got it for her. I am actually glad he did in a weird way as I have enjoyed being a part of this hobby. I would have never seen myself with one spider as a pet, none the less 14. Funny how we can fall into things.

---------- Post added 10-04-2014 at 09:45 PM ----------

It happens, I got my first when a neighbor bought one as a "joke" to throw at his roommate. Not all t purchases are responsible by a long shot:(
Yes sounds like a similar situation. Didn't happen to be a G. pulchripes did it? Lol

CBickert

Arachnopeon
G. porteri, 14 years ago...still have her:)
That's awesome! I am hoping to have mine for that long, confirmed female. Since I am young (22) I can see how long these species are able survive in captivity.

I also have a 1.5" G. rosea RCF that I am 70% sure is a female. Fingers crossed.

pocopelo

Arachnopeon
I have two, and can tell nothing but good experiences with them. Both always on display, with them gold yellow legs. Always in for a treat, either mealworm, cricket, or dubia. Nothing lasts for long in there. Little care is necessary. Just water, and not too much, since mines at least hate water, a hide that they dont use much (one made a small burrow right next to it), and feeding once a week since they share room with other species. Never saw them flick hairs, but they like to give me the "piss off" pose sometimes... Harmless little babies. Both raised from slings, and at about 2,5" (almost two years).
And I had an OBT as my second T. If you respect the animal, and if you dont fear them more than death itself, i see nothing wrong with OBT as begginer. No handling, and little care just do the trick. I actually enjoyed her poses when I had to feed her and change water. She was mean as hell. She was sold to a breeder friend of mine, who plans on mating her as soon as she is ready. I'll get some babies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My MM Chaco is totally evil! Not all are mild tempered don't be fooled...

---------- Post added 10-13-2014 at 04:17 PM ----------

But I love her to death ;-) a gorgeous girl!!

Ziolizard

Arachnosquire
Potential, if you get a Grammostola pulchripes, you won't regret it. Even if you get one of the extremely rare feisty ones, they are still beautiful and easy to care for. =) I still miss mine (it's in my avatar).