Pelinobius muticus

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
P.B.U.H. Peace Be Unto Her...
(And also with you...)
Bringing back this thread to say I love my queen.

crlovel

Arachnopeon
So I know what everyone always says, never disturb a spider in a plugged up hole. One of my juvenile KBTs has had a plugged up hole for three months. Because she is in a sterilite, I can see her with no trouble. She's active, running about, and she shows no signs of being in pre-molt. She's looking skinny with a small butt. The tunnel goes all the way up the side of the enclosure to the surface, with a thin cover. Should I bother poking a roach into the death chute, or just leave her be?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@crlovel Being you I would try to offer a roach. While it's true that a general rule is, they approach the burrow when they are hungry, this means at the same time nothing.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
@Chris LXXIX @crlovel i always thought that "don't put the food in if the burrow is closed" was kind of iffy information. In the wild bugs go wherever they want including wandering or working the way into T's burrows.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
@Chris LXXIX @crlovel i always thought that "don't put the food in if the burrow is closed" was kind of iffy information. In the wild bugs go wherever they want including wandering or working the way into T's burrows.
I know what you mean man, and, while I can't say you are wrong, actually my female M.robustum when pre molt, molting time arrives, literally close her burrow with web & hairs (for a sort of pro-active defence). Depends :-s

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I know what you mean man, and, while I can't say you are wrong, actually my female M.robustum when pre molt, molting time arrives, literally close her burrow with web & hairs (for a sort of pro-active defence). Depends :-s
I agree with you Chris I wouldn't do it if I knew my spider was approaching a molt but I have pushed a roach through the burrow when I've witnessed my girl working hard and her majesty took it.