Other Hobbys?

Lick496

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
For some reason, i go through hobbys in a wierd way. Ill find something i like, and co crazy excessive over it for a few years, then switch to something else.
In the last 8 years or so, i went through:
3-4 years of paintball
3 years of guitar
2-3 years of poker playing (like 8 hours a day)

I used to teach/give lessons of all those things as well

Now, for the last month or so, it has been T's. I got my first G. rosea, and now i have had 13 T's, with 17 slings on the way...lol

hasani1408

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is more than a hobby it is having responsibilty and lives depending on you. Some T's can live for a long time. I hope this is something you truly have a love for and you continue with a passion for a very long time. sorry if I sound harsh but I have seen too many unwanted pets neglected or abandon after the novelty runs out. Good luck with all of your T's.

bjbrokaw

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If he ever decides he doesn't want to care for Ts anymore he can send them to me. :D

JimPP

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Haha - well then we can look forward to some pretty cheap T's in 3-4 years? when the collections has to go, to make place for pinball tabels... or similar :)

Seriously, welcome to the hobby it is wonderfull

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have a few hobbies as well.
Usually I do go all out for one of them, but eventually it slows down as another one picks up.
For me tarantulas are not really a hobby, but it is VERY addicting.

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I've never really considered animals a hobby, my wife and I make it part of our lives. We don't have children, so our zoo is our child :)

I'm sure that will change if/when we have kids. But not for many years :)

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never really considered animals a hobby, my wife and I make it part of our lives. We don't have children, so our zoo is our child :)

I'm sure that will change if/when we have kids. But not for many years :)
I got kids done early, the longer you wait the older/grumpier you get. ;)

Fluke

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
from ages 17 till now I have been into watercooled Volkswagens. Modding, working on, building.... Inside an out. My best was a 91 gti that I dropped a fully modded 2003 AWP 20v turbo motor in. That thing was fast! I sold it to help pay for school though:rolleyes:

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is more than a hobby it is having responsibilty and lives depending on you. Some T's can live for a long time. I hope this is something you truly have a love for and you continue with a passion for a very long time. sorry if I sound harsh but I have seen too many unwanted pets neglected or abandon after the novelty runs out. Good luck with all of your T's.
Considering the amount of focus he places on his hobby addictions, I bet his T's will be spoiled. If the desire fades in 3-4 years, there are plenty of T owners that will buy/adopt his collection. At least he recognizes the pattern so he can be prepared to handle getting rid of his collection properly when/if the time comes.
I am all for a super enthusiastic hobby member! I went from 5 freebie slings, from Nerri1029 here on AB, to 400 T's in the last year.
I have a similar personality trait - I went from Reptiles and Amphib's to Antique collecting to Magic tricks to Roaches to All Inverts. I am planning on inverts to last a long time - there is so much variety. I am fortunate to have an occupation that gives me a lot of free time for my hobbies. And being a divorced father raising 3 kids helps buffer me from going all out on hobbies - kid's come first.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The hobby needs more people like this poster. They can buy the males. They save money and have good T's for a few years and they absorb the excess supply of them.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
........ I went from 5 freebie slings, from Nerri1029 here on AB, to 400 T's in the last year.
Glad I could help :D, How are they btw?

I agree with everyone else..

If he loses interest there will be plenty of ways to lighten his load :)

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually T's are a good one for this poster in general because

1. The T's probably like to be neglected (compared to given lots of love)
2. If he decides not to be interested in T's, he can totally sell them off for more than his purchase price.

I just got out of gerbils and it was a pain because no one wants a used gerbil. Not so with T's.

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All 5 OBT's are nearing adulthood and doing great. They were my first T's, so I have learned to respect aggressive T's right off the bat.

Actually T's are a good one for this poster in general because

1. The T's probably like to be neglected (compared to given lots of love)
I highly doubt the OP will neglect his T's. Not when you consider how entralled he gets into his hobbies. They will probably get more attention than a puppy at a pet store - which is why he needs several, so that he doesn't drive them crazy.

Lick496

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All 5 OBT's are nearing adulthood and doing great. They were my first T's, so I have learned to respect aggressive T's right off the bat.

I highly doubt the OP will neglect his T's. Not when you consider how entralled he gets into his hobbies. They will probably get more attention than a puppy at a pet store - which is why he needs several, so that he doesn't drive them crazy.
Thanks, I do go pretty extreme on stuff like this, but like everyone has said, there are always people willing to buy them, and since i have so many slings/juvinilles, i should be able to sell them for much more, and they could also probably make good gifts for my neices and nephews.

But hey guy....lets not forget im in my second month of the hobby, ive got quite a few more to go i think...Anyone got any package deals? lol

Lick496

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
On a side note.....anyone want to buy 2-2.5k worth of paintball gear? Online poker lessons? Will trade for T's....{D

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
from ages 17 till now I have been into watercooled Volkswagens. Modding, working on, building.... Inside an out. My best was a 91 gti that I dropped a fully modded 2003 AWP 20v turbo motor in. That thing was fast! I sold it to help pay for school though:rolleyes:
Nice. :) A fellow tuner. Never driven a European car, but I have a 300zx non-turbo that I am working on, and a 240sx with an SR20 that I am building at the moment. Not for drifting as most people do, but for drag/daily driving. Got to love boost. :)

What kind of HP did you see out of the 20v? track times?

Anyways, sorry to distract from the OP's topic. :> Just had to comment when I saw "turbo" mentioned. :)

Back on topic:

As long as you take care of them, I'd say Ts would be fine for you. Just be responsible and make sure you sell them to some one who cares about them when ever you lose interest in the Ts. Hopefully you'll stay a Arachnid lover for the rest of your life and it won't be an issue :>

HcUnderoath

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pets are not a hobby to me pets are my life, if i wasnt a unemployed i would probably have hundreds of pets, my t's are only a portion of my pets but like i said pets are my life i would willingly spend 40 hours a week caring and loving my pets then work 10 hours a week, money is the only thing slowing me down which is probably a good thing, if money is no option for you be careful on overdosing on t's if its just a couple year hobby. i buy, fix, sell, and mod xbox 360 equipment for money 3/5ths goes to pets 2/5ths goes to needs i somehow love my pets more then myself

btw ferrets are awesome i think all pet lovers should have a couple ferrets{D

Fluke

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice. :) A fellow tuner. Never driven a European car, but I have a 300zx non-turbo that I am working on, and a 240sx with an SR20 that I am building at the moment. Not for drifting as most people do, but for drag/daily driving. Got to love boost. :)

What kind of HP did you see out of the 20v? track times?

Anyways, sorry to distract from the OP's topic. :> Just had to comment when I saw "turbo" mentioned. :)

Back on topic:

As long as you take care of them, I'd say Ts would be fine for you. Just be responsible and make sure you sell them to some one who cares about them when ever you lose interest in the Ts. Hopefully you'll stay a Arachnid lover for the rest of your life and it won't be an issue :>

Well the car had 215whp and 260wtq. This was a moderate tune on 034management 1c software. BIG $$$!! No track times, it wouldn't get traction in gears 1 and 2 and sometimes 3. I would say it was mid 13s with trapping 100-110 or so. The car was just super light and nimble, it kept up with my room mates 600RR without too much problem- I thought that was cool.

I got into T's and other inverts because it is much cheaper of a hobby!! I sold my car for 6500 after I put 15k in it throught 2.5 years or so. The car was a total sleeper, black intercooler and all, no tint, stock wheels. You could just hear a slight exhaust. (it was suprisingly quiet. 3inchdp 2.5cat 2.5 TT exhaust)