OBT bites

OhGeezRick

Arachnopeon
One of my friends owns an OBT, would like to know how painful the bite of an OBT is, what symptoms, etc. I heard they are vicious and they typically administer venom during a bite, is that true? Not thinking of getting one, just would like to know.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Every Theraphosidae 'administer' venom when biting. If this doesn't happens, happened the so called 'dry bite', but it's a pretty rare event.

Yeah, P.murinus venom is brutal, and I mean brutal. Don't get tagged by the orange lovely. Besides, they aren't however the eight legged monsters always depicted but IMO probably one of the best easy to care and easy to keep spider ever.

BC1579

Arachnobaron
I’ll add that they have been known to bite multiple times during an episode. I suppose other Ts have as well, but it seems to be more of a calling card with OBTs.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I don't remember which thread but it was here at Arachnoboards.
Ah, I see, there´s a user here with a picture of a Sydney funnel web spider as his avatar (I can´t recall his username) that makes all sorts of absurd claims when it comes to OBTs. I wouldn´t listen to him if I was you.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I've wondered if someone would ever make a pain scale for Tarantulas but. . . I think you would have to be a special kind of coocoo for coco puffs.:confused:
There is a legned known as cyote peterson on youtube that has made it hos goal to test the insect sting pain index. He has been stung by the tarantula hawk wasp, velvet ant, bullet at, the warrior wasp, and many others. Check him out on youtube, its very entertaining