Nile Monitor

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
Thanks! Yep my lil chaco taco! The monitor is a true nile ..blue tounge and all ..his name is yoshi. Hes just broke 4 and a half feet .been doin the reptile thing since i could walk .lol i love all animals tho. And insects! Not people so much tho .he he jkjk

Attachments

burnsj22

Arachnopeon
Thanks! Yep my lil chaco taco! The monitor is a true nile ..blue tounge and all ..his name is yoshi. Hes just broke 4 and a half feet .been doin the reptile thing since i could walk .lol i love all animals tho. And insects! Not people so much tho .he he jkjk
so handsome! Monitors are definitely my favorite of the reptiles... mine thinks she's just one of the cats

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
so handsome! Monitors are definitely my favorite of the reptiles... mine thinks she's just one of the cats
Gotta be a Savannah! My daughter has one and they r great! Yoshi not so much.. but i luv him anyway.

boina

Lady of the mites
To be blunt: Putting a nile monitor in a cage like that is blatant animal abuse. Monitors are highly active and intelligent animals that need plenty of space and enrichment. If you were in Germany I'd report you to the authorities and there's a good chance that monitor would be taken away from you and you'd even have to pay a penalty.

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
To be blunt: Putting a nile monitor in a cage like that is blatant animal abuse. Monitors are highly active and intelligent animals that need plenty of space and enrichment. If you were in Germany I'd report you to the authorities and there's a good chance that monitor would be taken away from you and you'd even have to pay a penalty.
Lol thats just his sun cage! He has a whole bedroom silly! . Well there is a red tail in there as well but thats another story ....always ask never ..asume. as ur probably wrong .

boina

Lady of the mites
Lol thats just his sun cage! He has a whole bedroom silly! . Well there is a red tail in there as well but thats another story ....always ask never ..asume. as ur probably wrong .
Are you trying to tell me that you keep a monitor and a red tail boa running free in your bedroom?? Does your bedroom provide the right conditions regarding temps and humidity? I'm not sure that I consider that keeping practice all that much better...

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
Well since i have to spell it out for ya... i keep him in a bedroom with a dirt floor! See they like to burrow quite abit .the redtail lives in the closet i converted for her but yes the monitor runs free! As far as light i chose a room with no windows.because a monitors tail is very very powerful. Also because if a intruder was ever to break in my yoshi couldnt get out .i do keep a uvb bulb and a uva as well .but being i chose a windowless room for him .and knowing nothing is better than the sun .i built him a 8 foot long suncage in my dining room .he does spend quite a bit of time in but never more than 24 hours. He enjoys his time there as i usualy feed him in .. hes not my first monitor i have raised them since a child. I rescue these animals from the very people you insinuate i am .

Pernicious

Arachnosquire
Sorry if i seem rude or angry with this topic. I share your concerns as well .this is a large majestic predator. And not one that should even be kept in captivity as 99 percent of people that would even consider the risk wouldnt be able to properly care for .that being said i am my keeping is on par or even better with any zoo i have ever been to .i truly care for these animals and understand them well .yoshi says thanks for your concern im not a toy