new to owning a t and have questions

kimmie

Arachnopeon
This is lil butt not sure but thinking she is a Brachypelma vagans got her beginning of May still learning about t's daily she just finally molted and now she is smaller and she's not moving around she has been in the same spot for over 12 hrs tried blowing on her she barly moved I fell in love with her at first sight and really don't want anything to happen to my baby is it ok for her to be smaller and not moving now that she came out of molding 3 days ago anyway she possibly could be molting again please help I just want her health and happy she's my baby. Thanks kimmie

rally

Arachnosquire
Can you attach pictures? They'd help a lot.
Your T shouldn't be in premolt if it just molted 3 days ago.
But yes, pictures of the Spidey and enclosure will help to get to the bottom of this.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
As @rally said, pictures would help a lot. The abdomen might be thinner after the moult, but the T for sure will not be smaller. It will also not moult again only days after the last moult.

louise f

Arachnoangel
That spider looks like a B.vagans yes.. But you keep it too wet. It needs Dry sub and give it a water dish. Does it have a hide if not then i would suggest you give it a piece of cork bark.

And dont feed it before 8-10 days after molting. And leave it alone when it just has molted. Need some time to harden up the exo.

Good luck with your little spid :)

rally

Arachnosquire
I think this one is a waiting game, @kimmie
No touchy! Give her a couple more days before you start to worry.

kimmie

Arachnopeon
That spider looks like a B.vagans yes.. But you keep it too wet. It needs Dry sub and give it a water dish. Does it have a hide if not then i would suggest you give it a piece of cork bark.

And dont feed it before 8-10 days after molting. And leave it alone when it just has molted. Need some time to harden up the exo.

Good luck with your little spid :)
She has a water dish the flowes she likes plus her shell and having problems with her sub can't get it just right but she was almost on top of a cricket leg but she looks kinda shriveled and smaller after she molted

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
You need to leave it for some time. Just keep the water dish filled and don´t blow at it, they really don´t like that. Moulting is a demanding process for T´s and they need some time to recover. After that, change the substrate. Use coco fibre, top soil or whatever earth with no added pesticides or fertilisers. Keep it rather dry.

louise f

Arachnoangel
she was almost on top of a cricket leg but she looks kinda shriveled and smaller after she molted
Wondering did you give her that cricket leg today same day as she molted ? Because then i hate to say but could have damaged her fangs

kimmie

Arachnopeon
Wondering did you give her that cricket leg today same day as she molted ? Because then i hate to say but could have damaged her fangs
Their was one in the cage I didn't see and took it out right away didn't look like she did anything to it I am mad at myself for not seeing that one i have done a lot of research what to do when she molts and knew to take all food out and keep water dish filled

louise f

Arachnoangel
Their was one in the cage I didn't see and took it out right away didn't look like she did anything to it I am mad at myself for not seeing that one i have done a lot of research what to do when she molts and knew to take all food out and keep water dish filled

Whats done is done, nothing you can change. And at least you ask for help, I can`t give any other advise than i already gave you.
But yeah a pic would be great :)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Molting sounds like very hard work for these Ts and they need time to recover. It might be that in a few days she will be fine. It sounds like you are doing all you can, and then hopefully when she's recovered you can switch out the substrate. I'm new to Ts also and the kind folks on here will help you out. Definitely post pics of your enclosure and ask questions here, they will help you raise your T correctly. You are in good hands. Edited to add- READ READ READ! This website is a great resource, not just posting questions but reading old entries. I've been perusing quite a bit and I've learned a lot.

kimmie

Arachnopeon
This is lil butt not sure but thinking she is a Brachypelma vagans got her beginning of May still learning about t's daily she just finally molted and now she is smaller and she's not moving around she has been in the same spot for over 12 hrs tried blowing on her she barly moved I fell in love with her at first sight and really don't want anything to happen to my baby is it ok for her to be smaller and not moving now that she came out of molding 3 days ago anyway she possibly could be molting again please help I just want her health and happy she's my baby. Thanks kimmie

kimmie

Arachnopeon
Sorry but lil butt passed away we believe something was wrong with her from the beginning I saw her brother and he's doing amazing she just never ate and when she finally moleted she was good for a few then just stopped and never moved blessed to have a good friend to help me with her we did try very hard she was my lil girl but my pebbles is amazing and no new lil guy is eating all the time and growing amazing thank you all for your help during that hard time.. this is my lil bam bam

Attachments