My Rosie is driving me nuts!

metzgerzoo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm curious, you say your rosea has her hide all webbed up...how much light do you have surrounding the area? I've had some Ts who would web the hell out of everything in an attempt to block out the light...needless to say, I moved my lamps. :?

HaloMiles

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Rosea is insane, so you're not alone. :) I wouldn't stop trying to feed her, but just go with what every one is telling you, just keep trying. Place a cricket in the enclosure, and remove it if it is not eaten after twenty four hours, then wait a day or two and try again. Rosea's would make lousy pets if they weren't so unpredictable.

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Apocalypstick said:
It always makes me nervous when I cannot see inside a burrow. Had a T get stuck in a molt and because she was all walled in, I didn't know and she died unnecessarily. I had her for years and it broke my heart that I let her suffer and die so horribly because I wanted her to be 'a spider' and happy. I realize now that these Ts we have are in CAPTIVITY.... so they need our attention.

I have a clear burrowing container up against the tank side that I keep a covered peep hole for times I feel she needs to be monitored. She doesn't know it coz the entire thing is covered with substrate. She's happy, I'm happy. I'll NEVER let another 'angel' of mine die for no reason.
U just summed up my fear in words!! :worship: