1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Centipedes

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by LawnShrimp, Nov 20, 2017.

1. LawnShrimp

LawnShrimp Arachnobaron Active Member

Advertisement
    Jules stopped fasting today!

He's usually burrowed with terminals and/or antennae poking out of the substrate, like he's lying in wait for some prey to blunder by. Well today, he was invisible, but there had been some more digging done and there was a fresh hole on one side of the enclosure. I blew on said hole, and like a Lovecraftian deity summoned from the eldritch ooze, about six inches of centipede flew out of the hole and stood straight up, resting on the enclosure wall. I popped an adult female cricket in, and, as expected, the cricket is now being digested.

It seems like Jules has grown a lot since last molt, unlike the multidens that didn't really get that much bigger after its. Jules' colors are also much darker: his antennae are almost orange, his legs a dark, intense teal, and even the tergites have darkened to a moody maroon.

2. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    Beautiful pedes bro! Jules makes me want to get mint legs!

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeFanDesBugs

LeFanDesBugs Arachnobaron Active Member

Paris
    Post a pic of the Jules' new colours ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. LawnShrimp

Was planning to do that just now! (2nd is more accurate)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LawnShrimp

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Some love for the mutilans! These three have been fasting for a while and have become very skittish. I think they are getting ready for winter; as a temperate species they probably have a fairly rigid internal clock and are responding to the cold weather.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeFanDesBugs

Paris
    They look great!
    My very young mint legs looks quite brown and not red like yours. Do you think it'll get the color with time?

7. LawnShrimp

Not sure. Your picture on Instagram looks similar to mine, but the colors probably deepen as the centipede ages.

8. LeFanDesBugs

Paris
    Hopefully. It's a common occurrence for sure