Meet Harley Quinn. My beautiful tri coloured hognose snake.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Harley Quinn in blue. She's going to look stunning in her new suit. I'll try to get some proper pics with my camera if she'll let me after she sheds.

I normally don't offer snakes in blue food but I'd already defrosted the mouse so............. nom.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
That rainbow shine of her skin is absolutely gorgeous!
Harley Quinn in blue. She's going to look stunning in her new suit. I'll try to get some proper pics with my camera if she'll let me after she sheds.

I normally don't offer snakes in blue food but I'd already defrosted the mouse so............. nom.

Snakes just continue eating when they are about to shed? What are the risks from feeding while they are blue?

basin79

ArachnoGod
That rainbow shine of her skin is absolutely gorgeous!

Snakes just continue eating when they are about to shed? What are the risks from feeding while they are blue?
Whilst some snakes will eat in blue most just keep themselves to themselves and don't bother moving. I knew Harley would eat though because she seems to take after me, lives to eat not eats to live ha ha ha ha.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Whilst some snakes will eat in blue most just keep themselves to themselves and don't bother moving. I knew Harley would eat though because she seems to take after me, lives to eat not eats to live ha ha ha ha.
I have a few snakes that eat in blue. My woma and a Honduran Milk. The woma wouldn't surprise any woma keeper. I'm not sure about Milk snakes. They are the snakes that get the most of my attention and are very used to me handling them. Comfort level might lead to this feeding behavior. In the wild a snake in blue is very much in danger. In captivity they don't have much to be afraid of.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have a few snakes that eat in blue. My woma and a Honduran Milk. The woma wouldn't surprise any woma keeper. I'm not sure about Milk snakes. They are the snakes that get the most of my attention and are very used to me handling them. Comfort level might lead to this feeding behavior. In the wild a snake in blue is very much in danger. In captivity they don't have much to be afraid of.
Woma's would eat on their death bed.

Aye but my retics for instance would act how you'd imagine when in blue. Extremely grumpy. Whether safe in captivity or not instincts are there.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Woma's would eat on their death bed.

Aye but my retics for instance would act how you'd imagine when in blue. Extremely grumpy. Whether safe in captivity or not instincts are there.

But will they eat in blue?

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I've been thinking about getting a snake or two again, maybe next year, and this is one of the species on "list". They're pretty expensive in the US though, I usually see them for $300-500 here.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I've been thinking about getting a snake or two again, maybe next year, and this is one of the species on "list". They're pretty expensive in the US though, I usually see them for $300-500 here.
Even though they're expensive compared to some snakes they're 100% worth it.

Just be aware set up properly you rarely see them. The only times I see Harley are when I feed her, if she's burrowed and against her enclosure front and now and again catch her just disappearing under the sub at night.