Lost package what to do?

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I recently did a trade with a member on this board. We both agreed to ship using usps priority. We both sent out the package last Monday. I sent my package with delivery confirmation, my trade partner did not. My package got to him last Wednesday, both confirmed by the tracking, and his pm. His package, however, didn't get to me. The mailman came today, no package either (a week now passed). My trading partner sent me a copy of the receipt from the usps, with my zipcode on the receipt. This proves that he sent the package, but there's no way of tracking it. After a week, what's the odds of the package showing up at my door?

If this was a puchase, say.. I buy the ts from him, and ask for the package to be sent usps priority. What happens if the package never shows? Has anyone have any experience with these situations?

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In the USPS FAQ it says to allow 21 days for the package to get to you. If it doesn't, then you can file a claim provided the sender purchased insurance on the package.

Of course, this all means diddly squat to the wrapped up T's inside the box.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In the USPS FAQ it says to allow 21 days for the package to get to you. If it doesn't, then you can file a claim provided the sender purchased insurance on the package.

Of course, this all means diddly squat to the wrapped up T's inside the box.
No tracking, no insurance...

Tcollector

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry man, I allways get a tracking number just incase. I had a package delivered to the wrong house because the seller put the wrong address on the package lol. I hope the package gets to you with no problems with the T's:(

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not sure how much of a trade it was, but when things are shipped priority there's usually no LAG. I hope your package eventually makes it to you and that they are alive.

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If the person you traded with packed them very well then they should be o.k. for awhile longer. I know your anxious and worried. T's are usually pretty hardy and I hope yours make it man. My last package was two days late so I kinda know how you feel. Good luck to you!!:D

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To be honest I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have had packages get lost for about a week or so and them end up being just fine. Depends on how good the sellers packaging is. The only thing that is a killer is being impatient. I hope for the best though....

Kris

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update

It's been almost 2 weeks, and there's no sign of the package. If it hasn't shown up now, will it ever?

Moral of the story is, insist on tracking number, at least there's a chance that po can track it down. Without it, your package is just another box in the sea of thousands of boxes...

And the guy who did the trade with me, never really follows up to see if I get the package or not. Since he already got his. I'm shy of giving the guy a negative review. I know it's not his intent to lose the package, but his lack of common sense and reponsiblity bothers me. I won't be doing any trade with this guy again.

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Priority for shipping live animals is just all around a BAD idea. Just spend the extra 10 bucks to make sure your spiders arrive asap via Express overnight.

I personally would never ship spiders priority. Even when I know Express overnight isn't available to a location I still prefer to pay extra to expedite. The spider's lives are worth it.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i'd double check the tracking number if you got one. It's proper for a sender to do a follow up with the tracking number and what not.. Seems a little fishy.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK, I'm the one who sent the package.
I totally forgot to ask for the tracking number, I am seriously sorry.
There's really nothing I can do, if I ever acquire another B. auratum, I'll happily send it to you with a tracking #.

Go ahead and give me a bad review, I probably deserve it. :(

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
refund? or maybe a different T of his like = to the value? idk. your choice.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I really don't have anything I can send, and I'm really short on cash, but if I ever acquire another B. auratum, I'll gladly send it free of charge.

There's really nothing I can do right now.

ghordy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really don't have anything I can send, and I'm really short on cash, but if I ever acquire another B. auratum, I'll gladly send it free of charge.

There's really nothing I can do right now.
Sounds like bad business to me.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sounds like bad business to me.
Bad business?

As in, You think I did this deliberately?

Or, That's a big loss for me?

I'm not in this hobby to make a profit or scam people ghordy.
I 'm here to enjoy these animals and to make friends with other people who keep these animals.

I already admitted this is all my fault, and I would understand if nobody ever did business with me again.

It was an honest mistake, there's nothing I can do about it, but I am making sure that I will always send a tracking #.

I know this doesn't help at all, Eddie, I am sincerely VERY sorry, but there is nothing I can do.

:(

Dyon

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I understand if warren cant do anything right now.
He didnt chose for it either, all you can do is wait for 21 days and if the package didnt arrive complain a file against it

mangler

Arachnopeon
I agree wait another week or so if it doesnt show up. get him to send back whatever you sent him! pretty simple

case dismissed!

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I agree wait another week or so if it doesnt show up. get him to send back whatever you sent him! pretty simple

case dismissed!
I have to agree with this statement. It's the least you could do Warren. I know it's the post offices fault and your only mistake was not insisting on a tracking #. This would definitely go well to save face and keep others from being weary of doing business with you.