Look what I got today

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am SO thrilled, no words can even describe how happy I am. Welcome my newest member to my growing family of Ts.

Here is "Indy", my P. Regalis - first Pokie for me. :D

I've been working on the enclosure for quite a while, and am attaching pics of it as well.

HAPPY HAPPY

---
Wendy
---

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:} Wow!!!! that's a very beautiful enclosure u have there...
n very nice spider.... did u actually custom made the tank...
looks really cool.... :}

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
WoW! Cool T... but i am more amazed by ur enclosure! must have too u quite some time to set it up ? that tank wasnt suppose to be standing that way rite? haha i might try to steal ur idea and set up one enclosure like that too

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Wendy !! that is a great looking tank !! you are making alot of us look bad with your awsome looking enclosures, I will have to get to work on some of mine now...that is a great looking regalis, I am sure you will love her and spoil her rotten...

Regards, Mike :D

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MeteoRa said:
:} Wow!!!! that's a very beautiful enclosure u have there...
n very nice spider.... did u actually custom made the tank...
looks really cool.... :}
Thank you so much. I didn't custom make it though. It's a 5 1/2 gallon all glass tank put on its side. I then purchased a Laxan (sp.) lid, drilled and soldered all the holes, added a knob, and fastened it with 1" wide black elastic. That way I can perform all maintenance from the bottom, without having to put my entire hand in there.

For decor I added cork bark (THANKS SO MUCH WAYNE!!! :D ), plastic plants, and 2 water dishes. One big water dish on the bottom, and a deli cup screwed into a piece of cork bark almost half way up the enclosure (THANKS FOR THAT AWESOME TIP MICHAEL JACOBI ;) ).

---
Wendy
---

Rourke

ArachnoProletariat
Old Timer
Very nice, Wendy! Nice cage, and the spider looks like a great size for a "starter-pokie!" Good luck with it!

Rourke

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mike H. said:
Congrats Wendy !! that is a great looking tank !! you are making alot of us look bad with your awsome looking enclosures, I will have to get to work on some of mine now...that is a great looking regalis, I am sure you will love her and spoil her rotten...

Thank you SO MUCH Mike, I wish you could see that big smile on my face!

And Randy, feel free to copy anything you want - believe me, I got a lot of MY ideas from other posters as well. :)

---
Wendy
---

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Socrates said:
Thank you so much. I didn't custom make it though. It's a 5 1/2 gallon all glass tank put on its side. I then purchased a Laxan (sp.) lid, drilled and soldered all the holes, added a knob, and fastened it with 1" wide black elastic. That way I can perform all maintenance from the bottom, without having to put my entire hand in there.

---
Wendy
---

How is that not customizing a tank Wendy?

Give yourself a little more credit, it's due.

Georgeous regalis by the way, that's the little wench that started all this for me...

MeteoRa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks for sharing your creativity with us Wendy... :D

Randy

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yah.... by the way.. wont it be hard for the T to find food in there? ?

Last edited:

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
zombieagogo said:
How is that not customizing a tank Wendy?

Give yourself a little more credit, it's due.

Georgeous regalis by the way, that's the little wench that started all this for me...
Thanks so much Eric. :8o

I can TOTALLY understand how these guys put a spell on someone. I am supposed to be taking care of the "daily duties" here and can't tear myself away from staring at her. :D

---
Wendy
---

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Randychuah said:
an Yah.... bu the way.. wont it be hard for the T to find food in there? ?
I'm fairly certain the food will find the Regalis. :D

---
Wendy
---

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Socrates said:
I'm fairly certain the food will find the Regalis. :D

---
Wendy
---

Dont worry my regalis juvies WILL find food when they are hungry as will yours...it just may not be right away...

Regards, Mike :rolleyes:

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pokie Paradise...

Mike H. said:

Hey Wendy! That is the most awesome aboreal tank I have ever seen! WOW!!! This custom palace is going to make the rest of us look like paupers!
This is your first Pokie? You will enjoy her for years to come, Fifty bucks says you will have a miranda and a gooty by the end of this year. :D :)

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Greg Wolfe said:
Hey Wendy! That is the most awesome aboreal tank I have ever seen! WOW!!! This custom palace is going to make the rest of us look like paupers!
This is your first Pokie? You will enjoy her for years to come, Fifty bucks says you will have a miranda and a gooty by the end of this year. :D :)

Hey Greg,

Thank you so much. :8o ...and yes, this is my very first Pokie. Are you jinxing (sp.) me now with the P. Miranda? {D

---
Wendy
---

versus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
congratulations Wendy! nice pokie and an excellent setup! they are gorgeous..... :D :D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WOW!! That enclosure looks great. I can tell you put alot of thought into it.

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wendy I am so happy for you! Congratulations again! And I want to stress this point again...you need to give yourself more credit here. As we visited about this upcoming arrival and you kept telling me step by step what you were doing, I just smiled to myself and thought, "why is she asking me if this or that is right?" Hon, you have things under control and your pics look exactly as you described it to me. Michael's pack job is a thing of beauty huh?
I am thrilled for you Wendy...hearing the excitement in your voice today was priceless! Here's some mojo for you in hopes it's a lady!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WayneT said:
Wendy I am so happy for you! Congratulations again! And I want to stress this point again...you need to give yourself more credit here. As we visited about this upcoming arrival and you kept telling me step by step what you were doing, I just smiled to myself and thought, "why is she asking me if this or that is right?" Hon, you have things under control and your pics look exactly as you described it to me. Michael's pack job is a thing of beauty huh?
I am thrilled for you Wendy...hearing the excitement in your voice today was priceless! Here's some mojo for you in hopes it's a lady!
Thank you Wayne - for everything....I needed the mojo, too. {D

---
Wendy
---

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WOW - so much for settling in

It took Indy less than 2 hours to find the cricket. I guess she's settled in in no time at all. {D

WHAT incredible hunting skills! :eek:

---
Wendy
---