User LittleT's Pictures

LittleT

Arachnopeon
Avicularia diversipes

Avicularia minatrix

Brachypelma albopilosum (Wild Nicaragua Form)

Cyriocosmus chicoi

Heterothele villosella

Hapalopus triseriatus

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B albo's aren't little. You may have to change your handle now that you have a large T hah

Glad you have minatrix!

LittleT

Arachnopeon
B albo's aren't little. You may have to change your handle now that you have a large T hah

Glad you have minatrix!
Haha! :rofl: The Brachypelma albopilosum will eventually and probably be my only 'big' Tarantula, at least for a while... They seem like a good species to help build my confidence with the larger Ts and I couldn't resist the extra 'fuzzy' appearance of the Nicaragua form.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha! :rofl: The Brachypelma albopilosum will eventually and probably be my only 'big' Tarantula, at least for a while... They seem like a good species to help build my confidence with the larger Ts and I couldn't resist the extra 'fuzzy' appearance of the Nicaragua form.
Is that why you started off with the dwarfs, the confidence? If so, that surprised me, I thought it was only their size by itself that led you keep them.

Which are your top 5 favorite dwarf species? I have an albo and she's a dark chocolate brown/black. Those latest imports seem to have much curlier setae than my AF that I raised from a sling.

LittleT

Arachnopeon
Is that why you started off with the dwarfs, the confidence? If so, that surprised me, I thought it was only their size by itself that led you keep them.

Which are your top 5 favorite dwarf species? I have an albo and she's a dark chocolate brown/black. Those latest imports seem to have much curlier setae than my AF that I raised from a sling.
In part yes, I just feel more confident with them despite the fact they can be rather quick and skittish... I do really admire and like the small species and think they are generally under-rated.

Top five is really, really difficult! Top ten genus might be do-able, haha! I do genuinely adore them all and for different reasons.
Cyriocosmus and Hapalopus species are definitely up there though, I love the colours, burrows, webbing and 'personalities' of them.
Dolichothele, Neoholothele and Heterothele species for the colours and webbing.
Idiothele mira, I find the trap door behaviour so interesting.
Euathlus and Paraphysa species because of their colours and generally docile temperaments.
I am really enjoying Avicularia species at the moment, I haven't been keeping them that long and it took me a while to own one because of their fragile reputation as spiderlings but so far so good and I thought A. minatrix would be my only Avic... :embarrassed:
Neostenotarsus
species just because of the colours, although I very rarely see mine.

Do you have your favourite small species?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do you have your favourite small species?
I do! Probably E sp. Red is the winner due to its docile nature and "curiosity" Haven't had a little "convict" yet that didn't walk up the container as soon as the lid was lifted of!

Close seconds are N. incei and N. fas. The incei have such a voracious appetite for little Ts. They have been very interesting to observe.

I. mira is probably the most interesting to watch because of its trapdoor lifestyle. I find it fascinating how far away it can detect a cricket. Watching it track a cricket as it moves back and forth is truly impressive.

Of course for Avics I'm very partial to A. minatrix. For larger Avic, A. metallica due to docile nature and large size.