Species Lasiodora parahybana

buthidae46290

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've got 2 L. parahybana slings on the way from Swifts right now. What conditions do they do best in?

Huk7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Definitely a Parahybana and a nice one at that, enjoy her, she won't stay that size for long!!!!

TheDarkness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she is beautiful... and she eats very, already she ate many crickets and a lizard of its size (after the photo), she has about 15cm, I caught she with 4cm, 2 years ago...

thanks a lot for the compliments...

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics, how old is he now?

Last edited:

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i would say he's about 5 months, we have 5 skins from him now, i wanna get a pic of all the skins next to each other to show how much he's grown, he's wicked man!

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We had bought a L.parahybana sling and has molted twice now and i couldnt beleive the size differences between the molts. Seeing your pic gives me a small glimpse into the future.

Camberwell

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool :)

yeah they definatly grow pretty fast, this is actualy rare to see Tiny as since we've had him he's just been under a peice of bark. hopefully now he's a bit bigger he'll gain the confidence to sit out more now. does yours hide away? or do you see him all the time?

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ours hides away under a aquarium piece of plastic
pipe (bad desciption) in the corner of his tank. I turned it around and put up black poster board in that corner so i can look in on him. Thats when i found the spider poop on the window. lol now i have to figure out how to clean it lol

aaronrefalo

Arachnolord
Old Timer
In the first photot there is my love....T.blondi...a week ago she moulted now she is haveing a conversation with a meal worm...i think the meal worm haven`t agreed...then there is my L.parahybana which moulted 30 min ago....its a male... doent matter...lol but prefered a female...thats all till know

Aaron

Attachments

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice pics, how big is your blondi, how long ya had her?

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I procured this Lasiodora parahybana not knowing it's sex. But based on it's sheer girth I assumed it was female.
We all know what assumption brings, apparently.
He molted out mature last week. I hve seen my fair share of mature male parahybana, and they all have averaged around 3.5-4.5 inches.
This male is just over 6 inches!

(that's a 6 inch deli dish)

(that's my hand for comparison, not a hand-modeling application)

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's my male, he matured out about a month or so ago,, just over 9 inches

Last edited:

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
<<He molted out mature last week. I hve seen my fair share of mature male parahybana, and they all have averaged around 3.5-4.5 inches.
This male is just over 6 inches!>>

That's odd... all of the 5 or 6 mature male LPs I've seen easily surpassed 6"! Much like Wolfy's picture above.

Nice spider none the less.

Last edited:

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I suppose the 8 others I have seen could have been pushed to maturity, i.e; kept warm and fed frequently. It's interesting that such a wide margin exists between the sizes of a species mature males.
The last male I had, which matured 3 weeks ago, was barely 4 inches.

It would make an interesting study, nonetheless.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Maybe it has more to do with varied methods of measurement.....
One mans four is another mans six.