Species Lasiodora parahybana

rwfoss

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My parahybana is about 1.5 inches right now, but I can't wait until she is a beauty like yours! Great pic.

Rick

Big and Hairy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks Rick. I got her when she was between 2.5" and 3" from e-spiderworld, and she has grown like a weed!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My largest L. parahybana recently molted and it is now starting to actually look like what it will as an adult.

I was looking back through some pictures I've taken of it. It's neat to see the subtle darkening with each molt...

I received it on 1/5/2005 and it was about 0.5"

It molted on 2/11/05 and it grew to about 0.75"

It molted on 4/8/05 and grew to about 1"

It molted on 5/30/05 and grew to about 1.25"

It molted on 7/3/05 and grew to about 1.5"

It molted again on 8/11/05 and is now about 2"

Imegnixs_Cinder

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awww thats so sweet, the last piccie looks like mine looks now only yours has all its limbs lol.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Mine is about the same age, and had molted about the same times minus this last molt. I'm expecting a molt here pretty soon. Were you able to sex that last molt or is it still too small?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mr Ed said:
Mine is about the same age, and had molted about the same times minus this last molt. I'm expecting a molt here pretty soon. Were you able to sex that last molt or is it still too small?
Yeah, I'm about 90% sure that it's a male. I've put the last two molts under the microscope and I've not been able to see anything that would lead me to believe it is female... :(

Big and Hairy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't give up hope. At that size, it could be very difficult to confirm the sex. At least it would be for me.

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
Oh well, even if it is a male I bet you still have at least a year or so until he reaches his ultimate molt. Then again as fast as he's grown who knows.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yeh becca they grow fast. i got mine for free at lee watsons swap whn i bought a curly hair. that was about 17 months ago and he is at about 6 inches now. when i got hin it was in a vile and i could barely see him. they are one of the best.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine moulted last night, she's about 8.5 - 9 inches now,,,when i got her she only about 2.5 - 3 inches, waiting for her to move around and spread out some then i'll get pics.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wolfy72 said:
mine moulted last night, she's about 8.5 - 9 inches now,,,when i got her she only about 2.5 - 3 inches, waiting for her to move around and spread out some then i'll get pics.
:wall: My "Her" is i found out a "HIM" :wall: this makes the 4th male in my collection now. 7 moults this month and 4 of them into males.. :eek:

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
nice

nice pics, becca81.

i hope i successfully raise one of those someday too :)

Elmolax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's jsut too awesome =O
And it's also nice to know taht it's second molt was on my b-day =O

TheDarkness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got her how L. parahybana, but I'm not completely sure... It can be a Lasiodora klugi...
I have 20 spiderlings of L. klugi, but they have only 3-4cm, comparision is not possible...

Let me know yours opnions...

8 legged freak

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my slamon pink is a really pale dark blue/grey colour, i don't know if this is the correct colouring.. but owell :p i'll try get pics of it asap.. just as soon as it comes out of it's burrow.