Species Lasiodora parahybana

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a pic of my Lasiodora parahybana who molted last night.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice pic!

I can't wait till my little one starts showing some color. It's still in the "pink" phase. :)

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So was mine up until last night lol. Its amazing how much they grow from one molt to another. Mine doubles in size every time! lol

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
{D :clap: Guess it's that time just sat and watched my L.parahybana push this out of her cave, i noticed a week or so ago that her ab was really black, and she hasnt been her typical self, ya know, eating everything that moves breathes or twitches . She's been pretty much hidden underground for the past few weeks, was just sittin here watchin TV and happened to glance up at her and she was workin hard to clear out the mess, musta moulted a day or so ago as her fangs are blood red and she has beautiful color, Here are a few pics of her moult and the best one of her i could get ATM, i'll try and get better ones later on. Dont wanna disturb her too much. :clap:

Last edited:

Mr Ed

Arachnobaron
My sling constantly has a black spot on his butt. Even after a molt, is this normal?

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
mine just recently molted too, probly from the same batch as yours. mine turned really dark (from light brown).

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mr Ed said:
My sling constantly has a black spot on his butt. Even after a molt, is this normal?
Yep. It's urticating hairs.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mr Ed said:
Normal. The spot is much more vibrant after a molt. As David said, these are the urticating hairs. When you're looking for the black abdomen - look for the color of the skin.

I've noticed with mine, however, that the entire abdomen has not turned black prior to a molt. The legs turn brown/grey and the abdomens darkens a little.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya gotta love these T's- fast growers, ravenous appetites! I just found out that I have one--(due to a mix-up with a dealer, I got the wrong sling and didn't know what I had for awhile!) I love the pink "aura" that surrounds them. Mine is very calm, I am happy to say, hasn't haired me yet, even when I've re-housed her!

Attachments

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:clap: Nice! :clap: There's alot of talk about these T's lately ! I love 'em!

Beardo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine is very docile also. Its the only spider of mine I've ever handled (and I only did it once). Never gives me the slightest problem.

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've only had Brachy slings,(until I found out what this one was, lol!) and every one was on the same feeding schedule. Now I'm wondering, with a T that is such a fast grower,and will grow to such a large size, should I feed her more than the others? (sorry if you think this is a stupid Q, but I want to keep her healthy)

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congrats. :clap: you should be able to sex the molt by now, I was able to sex my Prachybana at 1''.

Wolfy72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joe1968 said:
Congrats. :clap: you should be able to sex the molt by now, I was able to sex my Prachybana at 1''.
wish i could but she saw fit to destroy that part of her moult, so no sexing goin down right now maybe next one.

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
OMG!!

I totally missed this one :eek:

Yeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D :D :D :D :D

How's the stud? Hope not eaten :p

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wolfy72 said:
wish i could but she saw fit to destroy that part of her moult, so no sexing goin down right now maybe next one.

If you wish you could send me that mangled molt and I could sex it for for you for free. I could look it up with a scope.