Lasiodora parahybana spinning mat Post molt?

jburgoyne

Arachnopeon
Hi i have a lasiodora parahybana. She is my first and only T, got her as a sling about 2 years ago. She has a 6" leg span after her last molt about 2 seeks ago. Last night I noticed she was spinning another mat (bed) w.e you call it lol. Since she just molted 2 weeks ago, there is no way shes going to molt again. So why would she be spinning another mat?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi i have a lasiodora parahybana. She is my first and only T, got her as a sling about 2 years ago. She has a 6" leg span after her last molt about 2 seeks ago. Last night I noticed she was spinning another mat (bed) w.e you call it lol. Since she just molted 2 weeks ago, there is no way shes going to molt again. So why would she be spinning another mat?
Probably isn't another molting mat, pictures of what your seeing would help clarify. They will web for a number of reasons, doesn't always indicate an upcoming molt.

jburgoyne

Arachnopeon
Probably isn't another molting mat, pictures of what your seeing would help clarify. They will web for a number of reasons, doesn't always indicate an upcoming molt.
In 2 years iv only seen mine web for 2 things molting mat and while eating. Even webbing wile eating is new she only started doing that the last few months. This was more like the molting mat but that was last night I just went to get a pic and she has knocked it down. I'll post a pic anyway so you can see whats left

jburgoyne

Arachnopeon
looks like remnants of a sperm web to me.....your female is a male.
Well i checked her molt awhile back and it had the slit by the back bookings! Was pretty small still when I checked that tho. Maybe it had just got torn idk. When are they usually mature? I wouldnt of thought that would be until they were almost full grown

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had mm lps anywhere from 5"-9" but the tribal hooks are a sure sign. That definitely looks like sperm web remnants, you could have caught him upside down under that web hammock charging up his man parts last night

cold blood

Staff member
Well i checked her molt awhile back and it had the slit by the back bookings! Was pretty small still when I checked that tho. Maybe it had just got torn idk. When are they usually mature? I wouldnt of thought that would be until they were almost full grown
oh boy....all ts have a slit in the same place, what you need to look for is reproductive parts, which on a female will be raised.

That is full grown for a male...sounds like you bought into the exaggerrated sizes sellers post to move ts. An adult female tops at 7-8". Anything bigger is a freak.

boina

Lady of the mites
Yep, that's a mature male, no question about it. Look at the bulbous palps in the last pic. 6" is a bit on the smaller end of the spectrum but not unusual.