1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lasiodora parahybana spinning mat Post molt?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by jburgoyne, Jul 17, 2017.

1. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi i have a lasiodora parahybana. She is my first and only T, got her as a sling about 2 years ago. She has a 6" leg span after her last molt about 2 seeks ago. Last night I noticed she was spinning another mat (bed) w.e you call it lol. Since she just molted 2 weeks ago, there is no way shes going to molt again. So why would she be spinning another mat?

2. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnobaron Active Member

Probably isn't another molting mat, pictures of what your seeing would help clarify. They will web for a number of reasons, doesn't always indicate an upcoming molt.

3. Phases

Phases Arachnosquire Active Member

Mine spins a 'mat' every time he eats. Heh.

4. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

could be an MM making a sperm web.

pics!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

In 2 years iv only seen mine web for 2 things molting mat and while eating. Even webbing wile eating is new she only started doing that the last few months. This was more like the molting mat but that was last night I just went to get a pic and she has knocked it down. I'll post a pic anyway so you can see whats left

6. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

7. cold blood

looks like remnants of a sperm web to me.....your female is a male.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnobaron Active Member

Sperm web, looks like you have a mature male. Post some more pics but of the T this time. MMs are easy to spot, you should be seeing a much longer legged T with bulbous palps and tibial hooks. Should look like this

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

Well i checked her molt awhile back and it had the slit by the back bookings! Was pretty small still when I checked that tho. Maybe it had just got torn idk. When are they usually mature? I wouldnt of thought that would be until they were almost full grown

10. beaker41

beaker41 Arachnoknight Active Member

I've had mm lps anywhere from 5"-9" but the tribal hooks are a sure sign. That definitely looks like sperm web remnants, you could have caught him upside down under that web hammock charging up his man parts last night

11. cold blood

oh boy....all ts have a slit in the same place, what you need to look for is reproductive parts, which on a female will be raised.

That is full grown for a male...sounds like you bought into the exaggerrated sizes sellers post to move ts. An adult female tops at 7-8". Anything bigger is a freak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

20170717_231648.jpg

Attached Files:

13. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

14. boina

boina Arachnobaron Active Member

Germany
    Yep, that's a mature male, no question about it. Look at the bulbous palps in the last pic. 6" is a bit on the smaller end of the spectrum but not unusual.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jburgoyne

jburgoyne Arachnopeon

Well thanx guys for answering my questions