User Kaolin's Cache

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
Is she on an egg case?
No! She's on a skull. I bought a bunch of plastic skulls with which to decorate my Skeleton Crew's enclosures. Because aesthetic.

So I flipped her up and had a good look at her naughty bits.
She looks female to me, but I may be looking for the wrong thing, here.
Here's the pic I took of her underside:
acheronunderside.jpg

No! She's on a skull. I bought a bunch of plastic skulls with which to decorate my Skeleton Crew's enclosures. Because aesthetic.
I DON'T THINK SHE LIKES INCUBUS.

I'm listening to a song called "Shaft" by Incubus and, unthinking, I opened her terrarium to get a photo of her skull ornament to post on here and every time Brandon Boyd yelled "SHAFT!" she bolted, so i had to sort of chase her with my body so she would run up me rather than onto the floor, and I directed her back into her enclosure. She's fine, I'm fine, I just think I'll mute my music next time I open up her tank.

Incidentally, here's the picture of her skull:

Last edited by a moderator:

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
So here's the second member of the Skeleton Crew, Kokytos:

She's a Nhandu chromatus, I got her today. She's absolutely beautiful.
Note: I didn't intend to handle her; she just sort of decided to go exploring while I was unboxing her, so I took the opportunity to snap a few pics. She's very webby! I ended up covered in silk.

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
Update: she's eaten two crickets in a short time, she was hungry when she arrived and I just gave her another one to see if she was up for more. She almost literally jumped at the chance, so seems to be a voracious one right now. My two A. seemanni haven't eaten in a couple weeks, they've both ignored their food, so it's nice to see one actually eating for once!
Also, my E. atrica house spider just ate, too, that was fun to watch. She's finishing off the drumsticks now! Chirp chirp ;)

SkatesSpidersStories

Arachnopeon
My Sif has a mythological name too. She’s an a. chalcodes and named after the Norse goddess of Earth who was the wife of Thor and famous for her golden hair. ^_^

kaolincash

Arachnopeon
My Sif has a mythological name too. She’s an a. chalcodes and named after the Norse goddess of Earth who was the wife of Thor and famous for her golden hair. ^_^
Nice, I like Norse mythology too. Sif was played by Jaime Alexander in the Marvel movies, too, and she's great.