Is this tank ok for a pink toe tarantula

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
I recently have had to change my new pink toe out of its tank into this new one after being told the other won't work is this better

Attachments

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Ditch the heat lamp. Youll end up with a roasted avic. Add leaves to the sides and top and such. Should be sufficient enough after that.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Drop the light.
It'd be great if you could glue some plastic plants near the top.

They can only adapt to whats in there. I don't like to force my Avics to build their entire hide from basically nothing. There should be a proper hide.

Dish looks very shallow and will evaporate quickly. I'd swap it to something deeper.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Who gave this a funny rating. It was entirely factual.
I didn't, but perhaps because he used the word "roasted" instead of "burned."

I'd personally have gone with "You'll end up recreating the Salem Witch Trials on a smaller, arachnid scale."

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I didn't, but perhaps because he used the word "roasted" instead of "burned."

I'd personally have gone with "You'll end up recreating the Salem Witch Trials on a smaller, arachnid scale."
I hate to be that guy, but the victims of the Salem Witch Trials were hanged, not burned at the stake. However, people thought to be witches were burned at the stake in Europe.

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Lol there a whole lot of roasting apparently. Also the lamp is a LED so it doesn't give if much heat. Do I still need the get rid of. It? The temps are about 83-84

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Lol there a whole lot of roasting apparently. Also the lamp is a LED so it doesn't give if much heat. Do I still need the get rid of. It? The temps are about 83-84
Spiders don't like light. So yes. You could turn it on a little for viewing.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I would, just to be safe. They dont need anything higher than room temperature. Unless your room is colder than mid to high 60s. A lot of information you got at the pet store you probably bought it from is going to end up being complete garbage.

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Yeah I bought it from a place called panhandle exotics and they didn't tell me much so I went to care guide for help
Also is that better

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
I went to care guide for help
Care sheets kill tarantulas...and none more than Avic sp.

Don't worry so much about temps, anything over 68 is fine all the way to the mid 90's...that's a lot of leeway.

Add more plants...like a ton more plants...you want the top half of that wood to be basically surrounded with plants...the more the better, they like the clutter, it gives more anchor points, more ambush points and they can get really creative with webbing if given the right set up to work with.

So what species of avicularia do you have? How big is the specimen? I assume by the enclosure its an adult....

Last edited:

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Care sheets kill tarantulas...and none more than Avic sp.

Don't worry so much about temps, anything over 68 is fine all the way to the mid 90's...that's a lot of leeway.

Add more plants...like a ton more plants...you want the top half of that wood to be basically surrounded with plants...they more the better, they like the clutter, it gives more anchor points, more ambush points and they can get really creative with webbing if given the right set up to work with.

So what species of avicularia do you have? How big is the specimen? I assume by the enclosure its an adult....
I hair have no idea what species it is I just know that it is a pink toe, I think this it's a juvile, also I didn't know that care guides killed tarantulas thank you for the information on that

Here a picture of the spider.
I actually made an account in this site because I was afraid of messing up and accidentally killing my T so thank you to everyone for the quick reply

Attachments

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Yeah that pic is totally not gonna help haha.
Yeah sorry it's scared because I just had to move it also is to much or just enough Plantage for the T? Also will of that foliage make it to where crickets can hide from him? (I'm probable the most noob person on this whole forum lol)

Attachments

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Looks good maybe add a couple more to the middle portion.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya I saw that from rob c. It looks good. I rehoused a few today and cover the cork bark with moss.

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Ok I will add more to the mode sections. How cluttered would you say the tank should be? Like not seeing wood or just mostly covered

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Here's how I house my avic. It was actually to cluttered when I bought him with the exo terra. So I ended up trimming some off. My pink to is in the back finishing off a sub is from like 2pm earlier today. 20171007_213104.jpg