Is this tank ok for a pink toe tarantula

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya I have had mine for about a month now and she hasn't webbed all that much

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
....no...are you joking? I'm really concerned you think sperm swim up into the fallopian tubes...unless you were an ectopic pregnancy???
Ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilized egg settles in the lumen of the fallopian tube instead of the upper portion of the uterus. haha

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Ectopic pregnancy is when a fertilized egg settles in the lumen of the fallopian tube instead of the upper portion of the uterus. haha
Okay but, eggs start out in the ovary, either the left or the right. They alternate from month to month, one from the left then the next from the right then the next from the left and so on. They then travel down the fallopian tube and sit inside of the uterus, where they are either fertilized or flushed out along with the lining of the uterus once a month. An ectopic pregnancy occurs when an egg gets stuck in the fallopian tube, and then the sperm travels up to it and it implants there. Normal pregnancy occurs when an unfertilized egg that is sitting in the uterus is fertilized by a sperm. If you traveled up into the fallopian tube, you went too far and missed the egg entirely.

You should have asked for directions. Men are terrible at directions.

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Because there is just too much open space.
Oh well I really can't do much for a while other than getting a hanging type plant. Also I thought you were supposed to fill in the ground unless your saying there's too much empty space up top.

Deadpoolio

Arachnopeon
Oh well I really can't do much for a while other than getting a hanging type plant. Also I thought you were supposed to fill in the ground unless your saying there's too much empty space up top.
Also if It seem like I'm annoyed or something I'm not just confused

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok I just thought that the crickets could climb up the bamboo I have
That's not an issue, unless your T is molting. In nature, insects and other prey don't only live below a tarantula. They are all over the place.

How exactly is the tank barren by the way? Does it need more than this?
98% of the space inside the container is empty. A Pink Toe in that container will not do well at all. It will likely feel exposed, and thus vulnerable.

This is evident by their body posture.

You want your T to THRIVE, not survive. :rolleyes:

cold blood

Staff member
Ok I just thought that the crickets could climb up the bamboo I have
Crickets that climb up to the t, climb to a quick death.
Also I thought you were supposed to fill in the ground unless your saying there's too much empty space up top.
Yes, its the wood that needs more cover around the mid and even top sections (to a lesser extent). I would also add a flat piece of leaned wood up the middle to give a stable platform for the t to stretch out on after molting and hunt from. It would also take up a bunch of the unused space.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

All you need on the bottom is about an inch of substrate, that's it.

Fill in the middle half (meaning from top to half way down).

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
Okay but, eggs start out in the ovary, either the left or the right. They alternate from month to month, one from the left then the next from the right then the next from the left and so on. They then travel down the fallopian tube and sit inside of the uterus, where they are either fertilized or flushed out along with the lining of the uterus once a month. An ectopic pregnancy occurs when an egg gets stuck in the fallopian tube, and then the sperm travels up to it and it implants there. Normal pregnancy occurs when an unfertilized egg that is sitting in the uterus is fertilized by a sperm. If you traveled up into the fallopian tube, you went too far and missed the egg entirely.

You should have asked for directions. Men are terrible at directions.
I have to say, My most hated subject in medical-surgical was obstetrics. Haha.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Lots of wood does not mean sufficient cover, in my opinion. They need a lot of leaves or something similar that they can hide in and use for their webs. While not extensive, giving them more than one or two options on where to make their homes is surely going to make sure theyre "happiest" with their choice.
"Open space" for arboreals has a different solution than it does for terrestrials. Instead of adding substrate, you add leaves, or something similarly cluttery without being rigid. Id be pretty nervous about having that much hard wood in a tank with any spider, even though arboreals are typically better suited for falls. But to each his own.
I already had a crapload of leaves in mine. The upside down corkbark was merely an experiment added later. And a successful one. She prefers that spot more than anywhere else and actually molted in there.

Attachments

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
On a related note, my versi is in a 7-inch tall jar and the spider itself is 0.5. It webbed far away from the leaves I glued to the cork bark, but chose to lay down her hide in a corner. Should I re-house? Might be too big for it. Have to be tong-fed.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Also do you know how long it take for an pink toe to web?
It can take a while for an Avic to settle in and begin webbing. Neither of mine had much webbing in the first month.

My non-traditional Avic enclosure (the horizontal log makes feeding easy):

Skyler webbed up the log and often sits out on her "porch."