Is this a legit complaint?

Theneil

Arachnoprince
IMO there's nothing more annoying when a seller can't give you a proper estimated size.
It's even worse when a T is described as small, medium or large
the "Large" and "small" descriptors are my own words, not the sellers. the seller advertized as a size in inches. i used the small/large wording in this thread because it was easier to type.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Well to conclude the ordeal, i contacted the seller, and despite the dates of her adds vs our conversation and her own description on the invoice, she said i ordered the and paid for the .25" slings. Comes out to $100 extra charge (assuming that i would have wanted that alternative) and there are no signs she will even attempt to fix the very serious issue. Most of her reviews are good which is the reason i gave her a shot, BIG MISTAKE. i posted a review so hopefully that helps the next person not get ripped off too. I wish there wasn't a text limit to the reviews, i had to delete about 20-30% of it before it would let me submit.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Well to conclude the ordeal, i contacted the seller, and despite the dates of her adds vs our conversation and her own description on the invoice, she said i ordered the and paid for the .25" slings. Comes out to $100 extra charge (assuming that i would have wanted that alternative) and there are no signs she will even attempt to fix the very serious issue. Most of her reviews are good which is the reason i gave her a shot, BIG MISTAKE. i posted a review so hopefully that helps the next person not get ripped off too. I wish there wasn't a text limit to the reviews, i had to delete about 20-30% of it before it would let me submit.
Well that blows... thank you for leaving the proper review though.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Well that blows... thank you for leaving the proper review though.
Yeah, not something i enjoy doing, but i don't want anybody else to make the same mistake i did and suprisingly, the seller has a very good rating! (4.5 stars)

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@Theneil it's a pretty crappy situation that you found yourself in and i guess it's lessons learned and all that stuff for the future, It still doesn't make it any better that you paid over the odds but you did rhe right thing in leaving an honest review based on your experience and although it may feel like your taking one for the team so to speak it'll probably help others avoid this issue in the future.

As for the slings you've aquired they aren't actually as slow growing as some people think as slings in my experience with Grammostola, As tiny slings they put on serious size and bulk from moult to moult as @viper69 stated earlier. The issue with some Grammostola in general is at around 1.5"- 2" they decide they feel very comfortable and confident so they stop growing. IvI' found personally that slower growing Grammostola for example rosea,pulchra, anthricina etc should be fed every 2nd feed as this tends stop them fasting for as long. If you feed them feed then the 5,6,7,8,9 months of fasting will happen which gives the added impression of extra slow growth rate. Apart from that enjoy

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
$100 extra for what? Good luck with g pulchra most time you get bigger then the advertisements or same size . Unfortunate

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
I know the seller you are talking about and actually went through their reviews and read them. Lots of similar complaints from ppl regarding skimping on packaging and I'd be pretty upset too if I were in your shoes. Sorry, but I work hard for my money and that extra $100 could have been spent elsewhere on more Ts at the correct sizes. It also helps to ask around before you purchase from someone to make sure. A year or so ago there was a guy who ripped a whole lot of people off and threatened them by saying if they posted a positive review they would get what they purchased..... Unfortunately you're out that extra $100, but you made an honest review and I was hoping she would comment on your review, but have yet to see a reply (didn't check this morning). If anything, use this as a learning experience and don't deal with that seller again. Upside, there are better sellers here and hopefully this doesn't deter you from buying from anyone else on AB :)

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
What was total price tho ? Extra 100?
Comparing the total price of the small spiders that were listed and the total price of the larger spiders brought us to the 100 dollar discrepancy. He paid extra for the larger size, and received the cheaper smaller ones. The shipping cost doesn't matter here since it would be the same either way.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Ouch yeah that sucks !!
Not that it matters much but it came out to a 50% overcharge.

To me, the dollar amount isn't even significant compared to the dishonesty. (Not that 100 dollars isn't a lot of money to me)

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I know the seller you are talking about and actually went through their reviews and read them. Lots of similar complaints from ppl regarding skimping on packaging and I'd be pretty upset too if I were in your shoes. Sorry, but I work hard for my money and that extra $100 could have been spent elsewhere on more Ts at the correct sizes. It also helps to ask around before you purchase from someone to make sure. A year or so ago there was a guy who ripped a whole lot of people off and threatened them by saying if they posted a positive review they would get what they purchased..... Unfortunately you're out that extra $100, but you made an honest review and I was hoping she would comment on your review, but have yet to see a reply (didn't check this morning). If anything, use this as a learning experience and don't deal with that seller again. Upside, there are better sellers here and hopefully this doesn't deter you from buying from anyone else on AB :)
i will never deal with them again. no doubts about that. i recently was able to find their old review thread and i wish i would have seen it first. still mostly positive but there were a couple (especially one from a very notable individual) that probably would have made look elsewhere.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
That’s just as bad as being sold a T stirmi with a tumor. I think that seller is gone now who ripped me off.
My thread is somewhere about trying to save this spider.
$100 is a lot to me can’t find a job anywhere.
Dishonest in both deals as sick as my stirmi I received was it should’ve been free. Got a small refund, it’s packaging was excellent so couldn’t had been damaged in shipping. I tried to keep the steyrofoam but my mom threw it out .

Shipping a T with a tumor is a death sentence, it very well could have lived much longer .
If they would have kept it, also wish they would’ve kept trying dono we’re that seller went . Vanished, could ship well.

Last edited:

Tearsacid

Arachnopeon
Thats really unprofessional especially from an experienced breeder/seller.

I've ordered from a really well known dealer that has a nice big website that I'm sure a lot of you have ordered from. It was in the websites earlier days & I purchased some tiny slings with a hefty price tag. Well... once they were large enough to be properly identified they turned out to be some really common & inexpensive T's that I already had. As you can probably conclude... I did not get a refund or apology. I was told that I was wrong & that I was trying to get free items months later. Lol
It was really grimey of them & pretty obvious that this was no accident b/c of the difference in price & availability. I'm surprised how successful they became with these kinds of shady initial business practices. Trust is a big deal in this hobby but legitimate mistakes do happen. Sorry about your negative experience & thanks for the helpful information. How this person responds will definitely determine if I ever consider purchasing from them.

Last edited: