Introduce Yourself

Jesse Willems

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody :)

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, I'm from the Netherlands and definitely not to reptiles and amphibians. Recently I got my first arachnid, a scorpion (H. troglodytes.) furthermore my collecting concists of:
2.3 Dendrobates leucomelas
1.2 Hemidactylus frenatus
0.1 Pogona vitticeps

I'm here to look for new info about scorpions and to maybe someday conquer my fear for spiders (yes I know, it's stupid to be afraid of spiders and not afraid of scorpions.. :p)

Greetings, Jesse

Twitch8604

Arachnopeon
Hello From Arizona

1st time caller, long time listen.
Hi ever body, I have been keep T's, roaches, and true spider a long time now. read alot on this forum but never created a account till now. So Hello Arachnoboards:biggrin:

Royal

Arachnopeon
Thought I would say Hi! as I will be doing a lot more reading then posting.

I used to keep, breed and deal in T's over 10 years ago and even created the first "Tarantula Bedroom" page but due to a change of job and health issues decided to drop out of the hobby completely. We all know that keeping just one doesn't work......
I've often thought about starting again but kept away. This summer I decided to clear out my shed and threw away almost all the tanks and spiderling pots I still had (I so wish I had checked Ebay before I did that!)
Maybe that was what I needed to do to let go as I now have 9 spiderlings after I said to my wife that I would only get 3 (2 weeks ago!) So, here I am and have spent today "reconverting" one of my old heated display cabinets, caught up in the hobby again, learning the changes to classification, different techniques and generally getting carried away :)

ARACHNO-SMACK48

Arachnoknight
Hey, I am ghidaji17. I came to the board in order to join a community of arachnid owners like myself, I also recently got the idea to start selling and shipping organically fed, nutritionally enriched, dubia feeder roaches. Im not quite ready to start yet. Does anyone think this is a good idea? A bad one? Share your thoughts.

Gaborri

Arachnopeon
Hi everybody! I'm Gabriele (from Italy) and I don't speak English very well, but I get by. I hope that our common love can help me on this way.

If I commit any mistakes, you must tell me.

I love tarantulas and I have got 84 speciemens (principally from Africa)... I breed form 2007.

I love also snakes and all type of animals!

This is a spectacular forum! Congratulations! :)

Holliday598

Arachnopeon
Hi I am New my passion is my Cat faced spider (Araneus gemmoides)

Hi I am new my name is Heather my passion is my Cat faced spider (Araneus gemmoides). I have a few questions and I am not sure where to post this. I have had this spider since she was a baby in the spring of this year (2013) we noticed her beautiful web in the window of our garage door. She has not moved all year and has been getting very big. We have been feeding her every week all summer and have grown very attached. I thought she died when it started getting cooler outside. I took her little body down from her web thinking she was dead and after bringing her into my warm house she moved a little. I put her in a jar with a damp paper towel and she has been drinking water and resting. We were so excited she hadn't died. Now it's snowing outside and I'm not sure what to do. I ve been reading online that orb weaver spiders are hard to keep as pets because they need tonz of space to build their web. Im considering buying her a ten gallon tank so she has room but not sure if it will work. Does anyone have any info at all on keeping this kind of spider indoors? Any information at all wouldbe so appreciated. Thank you!

Heather

Hanska

Arachnobaron
Hi everybody!
I'm a 31 year old guy from Finland.
I've been an invert fan all my life. Never been a fan of tarantulas though, but after watching them at work(I work in a pet shop) I've started to feel them crawl straight to my heart. True spiders on the other hand I've always loved and was thrilled when I saw how much there are those in the pet scene. They seem to be quite rare here in finland and we have only a few species living here larger than your avarage coin.
Just ordered my first Geolycosa and thought I'd join this board to share my joys and get help I hope I never need.

I dream that one day I will have a Nephila... They're SO beautiful.

scottc

Arachnopeon
Hi my name is Scott I'm 25 and I have a problem... Lol well not really I just love spiders and have been reading this form for almost 3 years I own a pink toe and want to get a vietnamese centipede. I'm a huge fan of coffee table terrariums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gold Mach

Arachnopeon
My name is Ernie and I got my first tarantula a little over 20 years ago. I have collected many species over the years but I am currently spider-less. I hope to rectify that very shortly as there are a few species I have my eye on.

Kellylake01

Arachnopeon
HI im Misty

Hello, im misty i have been keeping spiders in general for ever and i have been keeping tarantulas for 13 years now just as basic hobbies i have a male- chaco golden knee and a unknown a. versicolor

PhiGamTeacher

Arachnopeon
Hey! I'm Mike, a 23 year old 2nd grade teacher in the middle of the US. (That's age 7-8ish) I'm slowly introducing myself and my students to the wonder of tarantulas! This site has been an awesome source of information; I wouldn't have a clue without it!

Ec4538

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hey I'm Ernesto I'm just on here to hopefully but some t's scorpions and centipedes I own of everything and hoping to expand my collection.

Whirligig

Arachnopeon
hello arachnoboards!

Hi! I'm Whirligig and I'm a 20 year old horse trainer from Alberta, canada. I've been fascinated with inverts since I was very small, and finally had the resources to start keeping them a year ago. I have 7 specimens right now with plans to
expand. Horse training pretty much consumes me, and my tarantulas provide a welcome escape. I have also have a cat and a lot of horses, oh and a boyfriend :). Looking forward to learning from other keepers and making friends.

Deri

Arachnopeon
Hello!,
Im nikke from finland, 21years old. And in hobby for 2 years. Currently got 11 specimens, aiming for breeding couple specimens in future.

jasonb1973

Arachnopeon
As you can guess from my user name i'm Jason I've been keeping tarantula for around 4 years now and have build a nice collection mainly grammostola brachypelma and aphonopelma . I'm also a member of the british tarantula society ! How did I find out about this forum well I follow john3800's utube channel and he's mentioned this forum a few times. I look forward to being a active member.

Eresin

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Fiona, 29 years old and I live in Scotland.

I am just a couple of weeks away from getting my first T.

That's all there is to me really :)

Suppository

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Shawn and I am fairly new around here, but I am not new to Tarantulas or other Exotic pets. I got my first Rosie in '94 and have had many Tarantulas, Scorpions, Centipedes, Lizards and Snakes over the years. I have been reading these forums a lot lately and enjoy them very much. I live on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.