Introduce Yourself

Hanbrown

Arachnopeon
Hi All,

My name is Hannah, I'm from Somerset in the UK.

I've been floating around the forum but not actually registered until today! There is a lot of knowledge on here, and has always answered a lot of my questions. Got 28 T's, started with a G. Rosea, and what they say is true, very addictive! Started the collection early this year and am totally amazed by them! :)

theslowshutter

Arachnopeon
Hi!
My name is Sipps. I'm a 20 year old college student majoring in environmental science at UCLA. I'm also an aspiring photographer, http://www.theslowshutter.net/. I recently stepped foot into the amazing field of macro photography. Being a rookie, I occasionally need help identifying arthropods. In my free time I read up on arthropod behaviour. I look forward to contributing towards this forum. :)

caitgems1

Arachnopeon
hi everyone
My name is Peter and i live on the west coast of Scotland. I have been interested in arachnids for over 30 years and keep around 20. i also have a pair of rainbow boa`s. I had never heard of this site until i heard Jon3800 talk about it on one of his youtube video`s.
I am sociable (when sober) and my spelling is outragous, so any time you want a chat, debate or just have an argument, feel free to get in touch.

Peter (caitgems1)

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi everyone,
I haven't been on in a very long time. 7 years or so. I had to part ways with my lovely collection and took some time off from the hobby. Now im back though and hoping to dive back in. I am in Albuquerque NM and would like to find some like minded enthusiasts. As of yet I do not own any T's. My original collection bounced around between 50 and 75 T's. sadly we moved and ended up staying with my in laws. there wasn't really any room or time so I had to part ways with them. I still miss my G. Pulchra and all my Brachys. regardless I am hoping to pick up a few very soon. Nice to meet everyone again.

JackieJones9008

Arachnopeon
Destiny OR Coincidence? You tell me!

Hey!
So here is my story... I'm a 23 year old mother of 3 and an Army Wife currently stationed in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. Overall I'm a very typical chick! You know the type right? Scared of spiders and what not lol. Well actually I wasn't JUST scared of spiders, I was actually quite terrified of them. Literally to the point that I couldn't even LOOK at one! But one evening not too long ago all of that changed. Actually it was October 12th 2013 to be exact (I remember mostly because it was my husbands birthday)!!! Well I was driving through post to take my husband some dinner when something in the road caught my eye. It appeared to be an enormous SPIDER! But wait a minute... I have NEVER seen a spider that big before in the wild? Is this a joke? Some kind of prank? Well, I just had to know, so I turned my vehicle around and doubled back to have a second look. And low and behold IT WAS A SPIDER! A living and MOVING spider right before my eyes! So I have a choice before me. (1) RUN OVER THE "DEADLY" SPIDER THATS HEADING STRAIGHT FOR HOUSING. (2) Catch it for temporary and show my husband so he would believe the size of this thing! He is 5" total! Well... Long story short, I caught and kept him and upon research of T's in Missouri I have changed my entire view on Tarantulas and thus opened a very magical and exciting door to a whole new world that I used to be phobic over! Who knows where this accidental encounter with my biggest fear will lead me! As of right now I have collected 5 more captive bred t's in about a 6 week span from my 1st encounter and feel as if I'm addicted! Destiny or coincidence? You tell me!

peterson80

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is peterson, I'm 17 years old and live in rio de janeiro, Brazil, for now I only have one G. Rosea female, I'm starting the hobby :)

Hitman

Arachnopeon
Hello

My name is Phillip or Hitman, I have been known to look like Agent 47 from the movie.
I am 24 years old and I live in Portsmouth, Ohio.
I am in remission from Stage 3 Hodgkin's Lymphoma Cancer...
I had surgery recently that left a big scar on my chest and my chest bone cracked.
The surgery was to remove a lymph node the size of a chicken nugget.

SPIDERGRL

Arachnopeon
Newb from Wisconsin

Hello, my name is Krystal I'm 28 and just got my first "set" of tarantulas about 3 weeks ago.
I have an a Avic, b vagans, b emilia, g pulchripes and an emperor scorpion thats going to my buddy.
I am getting a g pulchra and b smithi sling in the mail tomorrow! These guys are so addictive AMD gorgeous! i cant wait for my package tomorrow!

Mclan

Arachnopeon
Hi all!!! new Here

hi everyone. We (Jared 27 and Lisa 30) are a married couple that will share this account because it will just be easier. We live in Sacramento, CA. We happened to have ended up with a couple of tarantulas a few months back and learned we loved having them so we are slowly growing our collection. We have a house full of pets and kids (we have our own zoo... LOL). Our Tarantulas and other pets are listed in our profile. Our kids are a 7 year old boy, a 3 year old girl, and 6 month old twin boys. We love our ZOO and plan on adding more kids and pets to it!!!

rosea

Arachnopeon
Hi im vicky im 41 and live in the uk.i have a rose sub adult and flame sling and a mex red rump.used to keep ts years ago .and its been 17 years till now i started again.forget so much so hoping i can learn from everyone here.never to old to learn right hehe.

baktery

Arachnopeon
hi im ahmad from indonesia im 18
i have a couple of chaerilus black sp java and some selocosnomia javanensis

greetings !

mamadori

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm Baaaaaack!

I've been gone a while. Last anyone heard, I was a full fledged hobbyist ready to begin breeding. I took a different turn. I gave up the "habit" to spend some time volunteering for some amazing kids. It was sooooooooooo worth it! It wasn't all easy, but I have some more travels under my belt now. I am still upset I didn't get any of those wild Texas T's when I was there... NOT RIGHT at all! lol

I left my T's with a man who does great work w/our local kids teaching them boxing. One of his protégé's took my T's for me. I don't have the heart to ask for them back. I'll say this with the spirit of fun that on one trip I was away from my family and friends 6 months and boy did I miss my T's!

My next goal in my collection would have been the Goliath Birdeater- Theraposa Blondi (? I will have to remember all the lingo and Latin and such again :geek:). I'm starting over all again with several years experience, but maybe learning all over again. I don't know if I will practice again with intermediate T's? or start where I left off? I'm sure it'll all come back BUT I've been known to cry when I lose one (where's that embarrassed smiley).

Good to be back,

MamaDori

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hola!

Hello, all!

I've been lurking here for several months, and figured I'd officially introduce myself. My name is Tom, and I'm a happily married father of four and high school teacher. I have had a fascination with tarantulas since I was just a small child and my dad took me to a pet store that kept a B. Smithi. Unfortunately, my mother was extremely arachnophobia, so I had to wait until my wife and I moved out to finally get one. 16 years ago, I picked up an adult, wild-caught female rosie. She has been with us since the beginning, and she's gorgeous and still going strong. After my wife and I had a discussion about how sad it would be when the old girl finally passed, I decided that I wanted to look into getting more Ts. As it is illegal to sell tarantulas in my state, I went online to learn more about them and where to buy them. After months of research, including hours spent on this forum and a cover-to-cover reading of THE TARANTULA KEEPER'S GUIDE, I made my first new acquisitions; a gorgeous C. Cyaneopuscens sling and a L. parahybana sling. And now, of course, I'm hopelessly addicted to the hobby. Since then, I've added P. murinus sling, an A. schmidti juvenile, another G. rosea sling, a A. versicolor sling, and a P. parvula sub-adult. After a rough day wrangling freshman, I now love to unwind by feeding the Ts or reading more about species I'm unfamiliar with (and, of course, new ones I plan to acquire). Just an amazing hobby that I am so glad to finally get to explore. :)

Tom

Last edited:

jecraque

Arachnobaron
Hi Tom!
Much respect to the teaching professionals on here (and you'll find there are several). I'm one of those statistics that left public education after a few short years. Still involved in curriculum development and higher ed in my state though.
Welcome!

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the warm welcome! Definitely glad to know that this is an "educator-friendly" board. :)

Hi Tom!
Much respect to the teaching professionals on here (and you'll find there are several). I'm one of those statistics that left public education after a few short years. Still involved in curriculum development and higher ed in my state though.
Welcome!

Frenchy

Arachnopeon
Fresh beginner

Hi, I'm Nadine. I live in the Great White North.. Yes, in Canada. I'm an elementary French teacher who has never owned a T. I've had a love hate relationship with spiders since I was a kid. I'm planning on changing that to a more positive stable relationship. I've been completely immersed in research in the past few weeks. I feel almost ready to purchasing one. Looking forward to this new adventure.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, Nadine! Sounds like you're in much the same boat I was in. I was actually arachnophobic for most of my life (I was always incredibly fascinated by spiders and Ts, but was secretly terrified of them). Now I'm hopelessly addicted to the hobby, and I have NO fear of them whatsoever. I will look forward to hearing about your first purchase! :)

Tom

Hi, I'm Nadine. I live in the Great White North.. Yes, in Canada. I'm an elementary French teacher who has never owned a T. I've had a love hate relationship with spiders since I was a kid. I'm planning on changing that to a more positive stable relationship. I've been completely immersed in research in the past few weeks. I feel almost ready to purchasing one. Looking forward to this new adventure.

chirp

Arachnopeon
Hi Im josh. Completely missed this thread. I'm in the airforce and I'm terrified of arachnids yet I own and handle 4 Ts and love them. Guess its my way of getting over my fears. I quickly found out It was a stupid and ignorant fear.

If you're curious as to what I own.
1. versicolor
2.GBB
3. New river rust rump
4. B vagans. looking to trade. hes an arsehole lol

Im currently thinking about getting a breeding pair of P. metallica and maybe a pair of 0. diamantinensis.

Atalictasia

Arachnopeon
Hi my real name is Laura I use Atalictasia because when I was 15 I hung around the swap meet here in Southern Cali and
kicked back at the reptile spot. Learned about all kinds of reptiles n Arachnids. I never asked for money I just liked hanging
around holding them and selling me. So the owner said you can have whatever you want free, So since I was raised having
snakes around I decided to get a Mexican Red Knee T and named her Atalictasia. I had her for 3 years she got lose and found
her a year later. Didn't have something Solid to keep her in and got away again. Then thru the years has snakes and then
9 1/2 years bought another Mexican T. Still have her. I was just given 2 Chilean rose T. on Nov 16th and on Thanksgiving
cages in horrible conditions. it was a rescue I am 47 years old now and I wanted to get on this site just in case I need some
pointers on my new Chileans.
I also have a cat n dog and a 12 foot Tiger Retic Python. I'm glad to be here and everyone seems to be very knowledgable to.
Thank you all for accepting me into this group and I hope to find some new Friends and helpful hints and ideas. Thank you all
AKA Atalictasia