Introduce Yourself

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Hello!

My name iz Aljaž, I am 20 years old and live in a smaaaaall country in Europe called Slovenia :) My love for this sorts of animals began about 5 years ago when my dad bought me a G Rosea for my 15th birthday! :) 5 years later, still in this hobby i count:

G. Rosea
A. Geniculata
B. Smithi
P. Cambridgei
P. Regalis
L.Parahybana
G.Pulchripes

Thanks for all the help you've given me and for all you will in the future.

GSA8

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I have been lurking here for a little while and decided now was as good a time as ever to pop in and introduce myself. My name is Justin, I live near Temecula, CA and I got my first T (an unidentified native species) about 17 years ago. I have also kept wolf spiders (my largest was nearly 4"!), widows, and a few P imperator and H troglodytes. I currently keep and breed P paradoxa (ghost mantids), many species of isopods, carnivorous plants, and OH, T's!

I currently keep a B vagans sling, a G rosea (red) MF, an OBT, a H vonwirthi, and an A avic. I am hoping to keep C cyanopubescens in the near future as well (beautiful T's they are!)

Thanks for reading!

Justin

ChrisMcWatt

Arachnopeon
Hello all!

My name's Chris, I live in Bedford, UK. I'm 26 years old and I've been collecting arachnids now for about a year or less. My collection consists of:

Mexican Red Rump
Salmon Pink Bird Eater
Togo Starburst
Brazilian Giant White Knee
Indian Ornamental

I plan on adding a T. Stirmi to my collection in the near future as any arachnid collection should not be without one.

I'm also an avid collecter of reptiles. I have a Burmese Python, he's a green and around 1.5 years old. I also have a Dumerils Boa who is around 9 months old. I also have two bearded dragons, a male and a female, both are over a year old approaching two.

I'm still an amateur with arachnids and still have a lot to learn however I seem to've taken in quite a bit. My friend owns an exotic pet shop in Bedford and it's him whom I get all my animals from.

If anyone wishes to know more please don't hesitate in sending me a message or whatever.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Matt S

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone i was big in the exotic fish hobby and do to my new job i dont have time for the fish so ive been in the process of selling all my fish and adding to my T hobby as of now i have the following in my collection and its growing quickly ;)

T.Stirmi, B.Smithi, M.Robustum, P.Irminia, N.Chromatus, A.Versicolor, P.Fortis, A.Chalcodes, B.Emilia, P.Murinus, A.Geniculata, P.Subfusca (highland), P.Pedereni, P.Rufilata, P.fasciata, P.Miranda

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Hi, my name is Eric and I'm 36 years old
I love scorpions as my screen name states. Growing up near a large creek and woods always had me catching and studying all kinds of reptiles ,Amphibians and inverts but since there are NO scorpions native to PA - they always captured my attention. Now I currently have 9 species and a total of 23 specimens I really love the buthid family and want to focus all my attention on them
Here's my current scorp family
2 androctonus Australis
2 buthacus arenicola
2 leiurus quinquestriatus
3 vaejovis spinigerus
4 vajoevis confusus
6 hadrurus arizonensis
2 babycurus jacksoni
1 bothriurus species ( unknown)
1 brachistosternus chilensis

Thanks and I hope to meet some great folks on here !!!

Corey Uchiha

Arachnopeon
Hi, my names Corey! I'm 16 years old and I'm newer to the hobby. I just got my first two tarantulas, an A. geniculata sling and a Euathlus sp. red sling, on 4-18-13(so like, 4 months ago.). The tarantula I most want is probably an OBT. In my spare time, I am usually watching tv. I watch a lot of shows like Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Etc. I hate centipedes, they scare me, but I hope to eventually get over that fear! I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll just stop here. :D

Vhodonn

Arachnopeon
Hi, My name is Matt and I'm new to keeping tarantulas. I currently have just one T and that is Mignon my female (I think) G. rosea. I find spiders fascinating and am glad that I have the ability to keep them now. I am also glad to have found this forum as it seems like a great source of information. I am looking forward to this new experience and am already looking for my next T.

Matt

PlaidJaguar

Arachnoknight
Hello! My name is Savannah. I was arachnophobic all my life until a scary incident finally motivated me to conquer my fear. I must have gone a little overboard, because now I find myself utterly in love with the little critters!

I'm the proud new owner of a subadult B. albopilosum named Spunky. She (at least I think it's a she) is about 2" and is proving to be a rather interesting little pet. I can see why everyone warned me that Ts are addictive!

SpiderLady79

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey guys

My name is Kareen i have been keeping T's for almost 8 years now and this is not my first time here I used to be here a few years ago with a similar name but couldn't remember my stuff so here I am and moved and was offline for awhile but never stopped with my T's :) I now have new more advanced T's and missed all the good help and friends i made here so I am back :) and glad to be here thanks again and sorry in advance for all the questions I am about to be asking lol
I currently own a Rosie, cobalt, versi, obt, Mex red knee, & a pink salmon bird eater that I got as a sling from robc 5-6 years ago :) my newest is my cobalt and my first was the Rosie :)

Whistler

Arachnopeon
Hello from Colorado

I'm a relative noobie as far as T's go.
My daughter got herself a G. Rosea for companionship while at college (only terrarium pets were allowed in the dorms). While visiting her a couple years ago, she introduced me to Amalthea (Amma for short). I was so taken by her sweet disposition that I immediately began researching these fascinating creatures with the intent of getting one of my own.
Two months later I brought home a B. beohmie sling; her name is Audrey (there's a story behind the name - tease).
I spent the next year and a half broadening my knowledge of these beautiful animals, and searching for my next acquisition. This took the form of a L. Parahybana, who's name is Lasciel. She (I hope) is now about 3".
My next one will be a G. Pulchra or a mate for Audrey.
I'm very impressed with the amount of expertise represented on this forum and the generosity of the members. I look forward to learning more, and hopefully being able to contribute more than questions in the future.

WiseWarrior

Arachnopeon
I posted here when I joined a couple years ago, but haven't posted for a long time so I thought I'd re-introduce myself.

I'm Jeff, and I've owned a G. rosea, Yoshi, for seven years. (I'm 19 now) She's only 4", and is the sweetest thing ever. She rarely ever goes into a threat posture, but always wants to investigate things. Like if I need her to move and gently touch her abdomen she turns around to see what's going on. Not too helpful in getting her to move, but it's very cute LOL!

This inspired my parents to get G. roseas too. My mom got an older (And enormous) G. rosea named Mr. Sally. We've had her for three years, but she's probably at least ten. My dad got a medium sized G. rosea less than a year ago named Marie.

I've decided to get a second tarantula, and while initially being interested in a B. smithi, after realizing they're out of my price range, (A female, anyway) I went to a local pet store that had gotten great reviews and fell in love with a female B. albo. I'll hopefully be picking her up in a few days, and plan on naming her Sophie.

I've always loved spiders, ever since I was young, and used to collect them when I was a kid. I went to a pet expo when I was 12, saw some G. roseas for $8, and chose the plumpest one. :p And that's how I got Yoshi. :)

b4delta

Arachnopeon
Another new guy....

Howdy folks!
Basically... I had a chance to rescue a juvenile scolopendra subspinipes from certain death. My choice to do so may be considered impulsive; as I have had zero experience with centipedes until this time. It has turned out to be a very rewarding and fascinating hobby. This specimen rapidly has earned my respect. I have had the centipede for almost five months now. Lil devil kinda grows on ya. Just here to learn.

brandon223

Arachnopeon
long time observer

I have been a reader on the arachnoboards forums for over a year now and finally decided to start posting. My name is Brandon and I live in Lander, Wyoming. I currently own a P. emperator, a 3" unsexed A. avicularia and a juvie Brachypelma sp. I am unsure whether the Brachypelma is a B. Emilia or B. Smithi, the order and price was for a red leg but the container said red knee. Oh as well as a colony of superworms to feed the little guys(and girl) inlove keeping these exotic pets as much as i love keeping the horse and the dog and I foresee many more in the future.

Til next time,
Brandon.

Dalix

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hello all,

I am very happy to have finally joined this forum, as I have used it countless times to answer questions and gain information about the incredible little creatures we call tarantulas. I got my first T about five months ago and partly due to my fiancee's shared enthusiasm I now have six of them:

A. avicularia - M - almost grown
G. rosea - F - fully grown
B. albopilosum - F - ~2 yrs old

and came home from a great reptile show last weekend with:

P. murinus - 2"
G. pulchripes - 3/4"
Haplopelma sp.(I'm thinking "v/v." she was sold as longipes but almost certainly not) - F - ~4"

I just want to talk about all of them right here, but I will be heading directly into the forums for a very interesting question about my G. rosea.

Thanks for having me,
Dalix

Beary Strange

Arachnodemon
Hello fellow arachnofans~

I'm Beary (and beside me is Azzy-who the name of this account is based on). I've actually been lurking the site for ages, and decided to sign up and interact...but mostly I'm here to purchase or trade and whatnot. And to ask questions here and there. I am new to the hobby (Azzy has more experience however) and while I have read a lot (a lot a lot), there are just some questions that are easier asked and answered on a case by case basis by people more experienced than myself-I hope you guys are ready. XD

Jumping spiders are actually what led me into the hobby. I came home one day and saw a large, probably male P.audax in our house and turned to Azzy and said "I want that, but bigger" and thus a search began for tarantulas that looked similar and the rest is history, with lots of squee'ing along the way.
You'll find me a lot more shy and quiet, more likely to be polite and formal. Whereas Azzy is quick to express his opinions and uses much more informal speech.
We look forward to interacting with you all. ^^

~Beary

SpiritScale

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

My name is Sammael and I'm just deciding to get into to tarantulas as a personal growth project because yours truly is a bona fide arachnophobe.
I think they're beautiful and fascinating critters and yet at the same time they give me the creeps!
So, just like I did with snakes---I'm off to get me a spider as a pet :)
It worked with snakes and now I'm a complete snake nerd and soon getting my third snake, so I figure this is the good way to go.
I'm looking forward to learning, getting my first tarantula sometime soon (and to getting over this stupid fear).

Exotics of varying kinds has always been my thing, when I was younger I was big into tropical fish (particularly the large cichlids...p. dovii is an interesting keep for sure...unfortunately now as an apartment dweller my aquarium days are gone), later came parrots (my rescued timneh african grey parrot runs my life), then snakes (have a rescued BCI and a ball python) and now...now comes the spiders.

markowolf

Arachnopeon
Hello!

My name is Marko and I come from Croatia,Europe.I keep Wolf spiders for a few years now.Great threads here on arachnoboards made me wanna join and show my terrarium and my pets.
Now I have a female Lycosa Tarantula(not sure) with huge eggsack so I decided to let all other spiders go.I also have some questions for more experienced members here...

I hope we'll have a great time here on arachnoboards!

Regards,
Marko

Loptylop

Arachnosquire
Hello

Hello

my name is Lop(not my real name but call me that lol) i have been to spider since i was young, i currently have a Neoscona crucifera and a wolf spider, i'm still not sure if it's wolf or grass my parents wont let me keep tarantulas :c.

riossalem

Arachnopeon
hi everyone. my name is abi im from Indonesia. im an illustrator for animal ( in a cartoon way ) recently i only keep snakes but now im trying to keep a Greenbottle Blue and helping my newbie friend too with his chaco.
Cheers. Im doing logo cartoon for most snakes breeder in the state :) cheers

thistle

Arachnopeon
Hi!

My name is Barbara and I'm from Glasgow in Scotland. I first got in to tarantulas at the beginining of last year with the addition of my sub adult female G.pulchra Betty. I had no intentions og getting any more tarantulas, one was definitely enough....... so I'm now up to 14 as well as a couple of Damon variegatus.

I've been lurking on the forum for some time and think it's great! Look forward to getting to know everyone.