Introduce Yourself

B00

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Tom. 29 and getting older all the time. I live in Lexington Ky and I'm an amateur tarantula enthusiast. I do graphics and illustration and whatnot, and I also co-manage an online toystore, VNCtoys.com, with my Sister. Just wanna say, Yo!

ah_ong

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, i am just a normal guy living in Sg. Waiting for my arrival of a G.rosea.

J Dave

Arachnopeon
New to the T addiction, new to this site...

Basically arachnophobic my entire life until now; I started to educate myself on the subject of tarantulas.
With the encouragement of a spider lady that got over her fear of those eight legged wonders. She provided me an excellent spider.
I have my first T, a 3.5" Grammostola aureostriata (female)
She has captured my interest, totally, and I have spent many hours watching her rearrange her enclosure.
She settled in quickly and has fed, without hesitation.
Of course, I have assembled a wishlist of about 15 species, New World, terrestrial, and slow moving.
I joined this site to network and learn as much as possible from experienced keepers.
I would welcome input from members; thanks for reading my ramblings.

David
New Mexico

lostendeavor

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I've just been lurking about here for about a week or so and I decided I should introduce myself. I've had some pedes for a while now but hadn't joined any forums till now. Found this place and really like it, its full of all kinds of usefull information.
I have a couple Scolopendra subspinipes and a Scolopendra polymorpha with one more of each on its way hopefully get it soon as I wish to breed them if I get lucky enough. Well thats it. :)

Star Baboon

Arachnopeon
Hi brothers!!

Im Marco Im 17 years old and im studying in Highschool here in Mexico, I have to recognize the great level of the people interested in this hobbie so i want to learn more about this fantastic and amazing hobbie :rolleyes: so I want to post my little collection of tarantulas and get help from experts in the theme, th reason of chosing this forum was to improve my awful english ;) and get more experience in the world of spiders

so bye:razz:

hello from mexico

lddrmk

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

My name is Lynn im from the UK. I have been in the hobby a year now and have just started the breeding side of this great hobby :D

My collection so far is ......0.0.1 Aphonopelma abberans, 1.1.0 Aphonopelma sp 'new river, 1.0.0 Avic sp ??, 2.2.0 Avic sp guyana, 0.1.1 Avic versicolor, 0.1.0 Brachypelma albopilosum, 0.1.0 Brachypelma emilia, 0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi, 0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, 1.0.0 Grammostola chalcothrix, 0.0.4 Grammostola pulchra, 0.0.1 Eucratoscelus pachypus, 0.0.1 Eupalaestrus campestratus, 0.0.1 Lasidora parahybana, 0.0.4 Psalmopeous cambridgei, 0.0.1 Poecilotheria ornata, 0.0.1 Xenesthis immanis, 0.0.1 Chilobrachy sp aladdin, 0.0.3 Haplopelma albostriatum.................. and 9 babies of Avic avic that will moult into slings next moult :D

This site is really good well organised packed with lots of info! and i hope to make a fair few friends here :D

This is me and my hubby.........

Attachments

swing90210

Arachnopeon
Hi to all. I´m from Austria, and I´m new to this forum. I´m keeping the followoing tarantuls for aprrox. on year: G. Rosea rcf and tcf, G. Grossa; C. Chromatopelma; B. vagans; A. Geniculata; L. Parahybana; T. Apophysis; T. Blondi; X. Immanis. Nice collection, don´t u think so?

Frankie_Dank

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What's up my name is frankie but my friends call me frankie dank, I consider myself to be pretty educated in this field.

I came here in search of breeding advice because I feel that is the next logical step...

mittens

Arachnopeon
hi all
im really new to this after i get some money togeather i hope to get my first t an A. Avic =]
keeping exotics isnt new to me as i also keep snakes :]

Lokisgurl1213

Arachnopeon
Well hello!

Lets see.. Im 25 years old with two boys and a girl. Im currently a stay at home mom thanks to lay off. I just got my first T a Beautiful rose hair named Koko. Im hoping to get a few more after I get more experince with Koko. Im looking forward to talking with all of you and getting advice from more experinced T keepers.

sean31laf

Arachnopeon
new

hello all, new dude here just got 3 spiderlings from kenthebugguy
b. smithi .75''
rosea .5''
G. aureostriata .5''

All arrived in great condition and were nice and healthy, two of them ate right away. Ive been reading a lot of interesting posts on here and as soon as i can ill post a couple pics ;)

mattpaw

Arachnopeon
Glad to be here

He guys. I'm relatively new to the hobby and totally new to this board. I got started in the hobby about two years ago when I bought my first T, a rose hair. She died a couple years ago as a result of a fall (very sad). I was tarantulaless for a couple years after she died and I've just started to get going again. I purchased a new rose hair about three weeks ago and also purchased a curly hair spiderling. It's good to be back. I had almost forgoten how beatiful and amazing these creatures are. They are one of the most primitive animals on the planet today and I find that very interesting. Next on my list is probably a smithi but I'm not totally sure yet.

mooze

Arachnopeon
the next level... finally!!!

hey,

my name is maarten,i'm from belgium.i'm not really new to the hobby.i'm in to the T's for the last 5 years,but i stil got a "humble" species-list and i've just tried mating them for the first time last week (G. aureostriata).so my reason for joining your community is that i hope to learn more about mating and T's in general.also got a snake,3 reptiles,2 scorps,3 cats and a girlfriend who luckely tolerates my animal-obsession.

Last edited:

Scottharris6060

Arachnopeon
Whats going on

Hey everyone. New to AB just figured i would get on and mingle with other T owners. My name is Scott i have 19 T's. I enjoy the hobby very much. Im no expert but i know a good bit. I'm a fan of common names not scientifical so you prolly wont see me post the science names. Here is what i have so far...

2 Haitian Browns
1 King Baboon
1 Cobalt Blue
1 Venezuelan Sun Tiger
1 Costa Rican Tiger Rump
1 Flagstaff Orange
1 Rose Hair
1 Common Pink Toe
1 Mexican Red Rump
1 Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeater
1 Chaco Golden Knee
1 South American Redrump? ive seen different names for it. so not fully sure.
1 Hondurian Curly Hair
1 Costa Rican Chestnutt? again not sure what it really is thats just what someone told me, ill post pics, maybe someone can help me out with that.
1 Indian Ornamental
1 Fringed Ornamental
1 Gooty Sapphire Ornamental
1 Texas Brown or Texas Tan (I found it in my yard fighting a common Tx scorpion, and ended up eating it so i just had to catch it he is a BAMF) lol

They are awesome, and i really enjoy them. I also have 1 California King Snake.

I plan on expanding my collection when money rolls in, you know how it goes. well hope to talk to alot of interesting people on here.

Last edited:

hotguy92

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello

hi everyone just taking the time to say hello,my name is james i live in kansas city mo. i have four ts i enjoy very much and plan on having alot more.so i might need some advice from time to time.thanks all,james

Insideout414

Arachnopeon
Back on The Boards :)

Hi all,

I have had a few T's along the way. I first become interested due to talking to Botar at several reptile shows in the area and the ones I used to Help promote.
Not really new to the boards but it's been a while.

I lost most of my T's due to a mishap with wood heat. I also lost all my reptiles and birds in the same mishap Around 2 years ago.

My favorite T is the P. regalis. I purchased a Rosey today from a local petshops personal collection. Looking forward to getting back into the hobby of raising the 8 legged wonders.

curds_whey

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I'm Jeanine in Atlanta, GA and right now I only have two T's, but that's because my husband's afraid of them and doesn't want more. The things you put up with sometimes, lol. If it were up to me, I'd have a whole houseful!

What I have are an adult chilean rosehair named Bellezza and a spiderling Zebra named KC.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello

My name is Ryan. I am 31. I have 1 girlfriend, 12 tarantulas, and some texas cave scorpions I am going to try to breed. Outside of arachnids, I like music, books (Non-Fiction), but mostly just being outside. I have been going hiking everyday for an hour or four. I keep up with politics. I read a ton of news everyday, favorite magazine is the economist. I spent 10 years traveling around the USA and am now a bit more settled. How's That? :)

ah_ong

Arachnopeon
I wonder if there is anyone here living in singapore. It seems i am the one one lolz.....

gigabyteme

Arachnopeon
Hi guys

Hullo. My names Charles, I'm dating Flower, I don't have any Ts of my own yet, but i share hers. I look forward to learning from, and hopefully contributing to, your great forums.