If You Rated Yourself on T. Expertise

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
I'd rate myself a 1 as I've only recently started keeping Ts, I've done a ton of research but there's nothing that beats real life experience! Also only on terrestrials as that is the only types of Ts I'll be keeping for now. I might try arboreals when I'm more experienced though :)

Drea

Arachnosquire
I currently have 52 species, most of them raised from slings to adults. I have yet to lose even the most fragile of 1st instar slings.

I have kept a T’a since I was 8-9 years old and have only lost my tarantula babies from old age thus far.

I am just started on pairing and haven’t let the female eat her boyfriend yet. Another plus.

Most of mine are old worlds and i have never been tagged. I have rehoused just because I wanted to redecorate enclosures for fun.

I did have an escape once though. Thank god it was only a G. rosea instead of my S. Calceatum or H. Mac but still. She was missing for almost 2 months but was found safe and unharmed in the front bathroom. Phew but many points lost there.

So I gave myself.

10 for not getting bit.

6 for rehousing. (10 but minus 4 for rehousing when it’s really not necessary at all)

8 for old world experience. ( 10 but minus 2 for personal ego in keeping the worst of the worst)

4 for breeding ( plus 1 for little experience but plus 3 for extreme reading subject and research)

0 for making sure a random kid doesn’t come in and take a lid of an enclosure without my knowledge until later that day.

Also score 0 on babysitting for that matter.

So maybe a 3 out of 10. 4 on a good day?

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I say that @Chris LXXIX is above the average ratings.

Since He joined He keeps receiving PM's asking for suggestions about various species etc even by members He never talked with :bored:

But one day I will be utter awesome like Him, like @Chris LXXIX :)
"Contritionem praecedit superbia et ante ruinam exaltatur spiritus."

Barry67

Arachnopeon
A couple of months in its a 1 for me my greatest feat so far is that my Avic has not been touched in 2 housings..

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dunno, i have kept tarantulas since 2000, but am i very knollaged or skilled, i dunno, i know a few things, but i will not call myself a "pro" i won't call myself a noob eigher, there are always better oeople out there like Cold blood, KezyGLA, Grym reaper and others!

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I can't really decide. Maybe a 5 because I recognize them as one of the most fascinating reptiles in the exotic pet trade?

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I rate myself......oh let's see "spider Sensei" if that's a thing? Im also liking the idea of being a pirate too atm. Thanks

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Guessing around 4

Points are deducted, as I don't have many arboreals other than my P. cambridgei sling, I can't seem to pull myself away from the hatpactira genus.

I deducted points for my luck with Avics/ybrapora/caribena all turning out to be male. Seriously I had 9 slings, all male.

Dman

Arachnosquire
(1-3) you're keeping them alive and healthy

(4-6) always on Arachnoboards. T-shirt says "I like tarantulas and like 3 people" always obsessing about raising more slings.

(7-9) your breeding and trading adult T"s amongst other breeders and selling slings for income.

(10) Breeding and selling is your sole income in addition to your YouTube channel.

I'm a solid 5. But can't wait to be a 7. It would be a dream to breed them and have that amount of knowledge. Anyone looking for an apprentice in SoCal? ;)

Drea

Arachnosquire
Guessing around 4

Points are deducted, as I don't have many arboreals other than my P. cambridgei sling, I can't seem to pull myself away from the hatpactira genus.

I deducted points for my luck with Avics/ybrapora/caribena all turning out to be male. Seriously I had 9 slings, all male.

Lmao!! Point deduction for bad luck. I love it.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a mug that clearly states " keep calm and hug your tarantula" so surely i am at least a 3.

But I am a legend in my own mind and that's what counts right

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I would say I am about a 2, and the only reason I don't say 1 is because I've had an avic for a few years and haven't accidentally killed it. Yay me!

CJJon

Arachnokrólewicz
Just did a quick average of those who gave numbers: 3.35