If You Could Have Only One?

eminart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This has probably been done before, but it's Friday afternoon, I'm at work, and I've worked enough. This tarantula thing is quickly turning into an addiction. I've been pondering other species I'd like to have some day. So, I thought I'd ask you guys, what is your favorite species? Or, more specifically, if you could only have one T, what would it be, and why?

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
P. Irminia :smug: this has been my favourite since I started out in the hobby, I just love the jet black and orange colouration and I have a thing for defensive and fast Ts. :smug:

eminart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
P. Irminia :smug: this has been my favourite since I started out in the hobby, I just love the jet black and orange colouration and I have a thing for defensive and fast Ts. :smug:
I have a 1" P. irminia sling. I can't wait until it's larger. I agree with you on their looks. It may be the most beautiful T out there in my opinion.

Don't be ashamed of loving the things that makes your weird little heart happy
Love this as well. I probably worried about being "cool" back when I was a teenager. Now, as a falconer, reptile lover, and tarantula lover, I get a lot of "Wow, you're a weirdo" looks. And I don't even care.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
My precious little Avicularia geroldi. I hope its temperament stays as easygoing and friendly when it matures into its gorgeous adult colors.

Coconana

Arachnosquire
My fiancé said that he'd have to pick our AF 8" DLS Lasiodora Parahybana. He says that he'd pick her because she's big, always out, never skittish, eats like a pig, and she's an overall easy tarantula to keep. "She may not be the most exotic, but she's interesting and fun to interact with."

Now, if I could only have one, I'd have to pick our unsexed 3" Ceratogyrus Darlingi juvenile. S/he's the most entertaining tarantula in our collection (in my opinion), and s/he never fails to entertain me when meal-time rolls around. Plus, that horn is magical :angelic:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
One...genus: Poecilotheria. Beautiful patterns/colors/shape, alert, agile, intelligent, fast, slender. I love long legs with big scopula, and outcurved metatarsi and incurved tarsi. Tells you they're high speed acrobats.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
One...genus: Poecilotheria. Beautiful patterns/colors/shape, alert, agile, intelligent, fast, slender. I love long legs with big scopula, and outcurved metatarsi and incurved tarsi. Tells you they're high speed acrobats.
For me my Poecie is second behind my female P. Irminia. After I got my poecie I feel like I really NEEd more poecies, so maybe one day poecies may step up to be my favourite as well. :p I really like OWs overall

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The "Brigitte Bardot" (when she was young & hot i mean) of T's: 0.1 Pelinobius muticus. I love my hissing baby, she's like a daughter for me :kiss:

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
after spending hrs debating this question many times over the years it always comes down a select few.
3 to 5 of each preferably 2 males to 3 females

as my daughter would say (i want all the things )

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My precious little Avicularia geroldi. I hope its temperament stays as easygoing and friendly when it matures into its gorgeous adult colors.
I owned an AF A geroldi, they are such a deep blue that they look black. They get pretty large. My other A geroldi, she's the same color of course. A bit more skittish than A metallica.

To the OP.... I could pick a few from varying genera, but not a single species.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
I owned an AF A geroldi, they are such a deep blue that they look black. They get pretty large. My other A geroldi, she's the same color of course. A bit more skittish than A metallica.

To the OP.... I could pick a few from varying genera, but not a single species.
Got any pics?

truecreature

Arachnoknight
That's a tough one. Of the species I have so far at least, if I could only keep one of them it'd probably come down to a decision between an A. geniculata or GBB. The former has impressive size and the white&black banding on the legs is very striking, but I also love how the GBBs web up their cages and how vivid the blue coloring is

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I ain't choosin nuthin ! Who's this person/army trying to restrict my hobby ? I'm coming for them .