If You Could Have Only One?

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma Smithi. Hands down. Don't really know why but in my eyes it's one of the best looking t's and the fact that it is widely available makes it awesome.

Chris11

ArachnoBat
One...genus: Poecilotheria. Beautiful patterns/colors/shape, alert, agile, intelligent, fast, slender. I love long legs with big scopula, and outcurved metatarsi and incurved tarsi. Tells you they're high speed acrobats.
Id have never guessed youd choose pocies.... :)
To go with one right now for me itd be H. pulchripes... quite the hunters for 1/2 slings and sooo striking as adults!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Id have never guessed youd choose pocies.... :)
To go with one right now for me itd be H. pulchripes... quite the hunters for 1/2 slings and sooo striking as adults!
I'm so jelly that u have one of these!!!

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
One...genus: Poecilotheria. Beautiful patterns/colors/shape, alert, agile, intelligent, fast, slender. I love long legs with big scopula, and outcurved metatarsi and incurved tarsi. Tells you they're high speed acrobats.
YOU?? Pokies?? NEVER would have guessed! But the real question is: WHICH pokie?

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I'm so jelly that u have one of these!!!
Ive wanted one for a looong time and finally my gma asked what i wanted for my bday, so i showed her stampstarantulas.com had them on sale so she put 100 down on it but i had to pay the other 60 lol i have a soft spot for all baboons but this is definitely my favorite at this point in time. In 9-16 months im gonna get 3 more, depending how things go and i didnt win the lottery so...

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This has probably been done before, but it's Friday afternoon, I'm at work, and I've worked enough. This tarantula thing is quickly turning into an addiction. I've been pondering other species I'd like to have some day. So, I thought I'd ask you guys, what is your favorite species? Or, more specifically, if you could only have one T, what would it be, and why?
Poecilotheria subfusca highland for the obvious reason....

[/URL]

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I want to see yours, not other people's. :p

It was this video that made me drop everything and start looking for an A. geroldi:
I'm not geroldi expert. The T in that video resembles both of my female geroldi. However, both of mine, including the AF do NOT have white setae. Nor does this resemble A metallica. The pictures I showed are of a T that is SUPER deep blue, granted the lighting is different. That video has a T in natural sunlight it seems, which is completely different than artificial.

I'm not saying that isn't A geroldi, but it sure doesn't look like mine. The only way in which it resembles mine and the others I've seen is that it's pretty much a single color, it's also more green than mine. Mine are deep deep blue, JUST like the pictures I linked you too.

I don't know what kind of Avic that is. Nice video though.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I wanted a GBB for YEARS and never thought I'd really be able to take care of a T well. (yeah, I know I know... easy peasy right? I know that NOW lol) A friend of mine gave me a G. rosea sling, that was the beginning of the end. I was researching how to care for it, which linked me to the boards. Which I joined, and soaked up the knowledge here like a sponge. I'm now the proud keeper of 29 tarantulas from I think 9 different genera, a couple of species within a couple of the genera. Including 2 of my very own C. cyanopubescens. The GBB's are by far and away, still my favourite. :) (although, the T. ockerti and P. irminia's are tied for a close second. ;))

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
I'm not geroldi expert. The T in that video resembles both of my female geroldi. However, both of mine, including the AF do NOT have white setae. Nor does this resemble A metallica. The pictures I showed are of a T that is SUPER deep blue, granted the lighting is different. That video has a T in natural sunlight it seems, which is completely different than artificial.

I'm not saying that isn't A geroldi, but it sure doesn't look like mine. The only way in which it resembles mine and the others I've seen is that it's pretty much a single color, it's also more green than mine. Mine are deep deep blue, JUST like the pictures I linked you too.

I don't know what kind of Avic that is. Nice video though.
I think the video's soft focus and color saturation are a bit (or a lot) over the top to give it that dreamlike feel. I'm definitely not expecting the finished product to look that colorful and magical - all I really care about is having an Avic, honestly. They're the "best" tarantula genus, in my book.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think the video's soft focus and color saturation are a bit (or a lot) over the top to give it that dreamlike feel. I'm definitely not expecting the finished product to look that colorful and magical - all I really care about is having an Avic, honestly. They're the "best" tarantula genus, in my book.
Could be, but I don't think that explains why I see white on the setae. If you don't have one already, you should get A metallica, and def. A sp amazonica. Even the males are pretty in that locality.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What's the obvious reason for that species in your opinion???

I like P metallica first, always have, followed by P rufilata
The kontrast in its colours make them more interesting than metallica in my opinien. I still love metallica, heck i should hav sais poecilotheria in general;-)

Last edited:

awiec

Arachnoprince
While my favorite of my collection is my T.gigas, I would have to say I would keep my Pamphobeteus sp Platyomma (or my sp Machala) as they are big feisty spiders with attitude, you're never going to be bored if you have these around.

SumOne

Arachnopeon
Definitely my P metalica. Im guessing im not the only one lol. Mine is quite skiddish. Just light bugs her. But when she is out. Its definitely worth looking at.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It kintrast in its colours make them more interesting than metallica in my opinien. I still love metallica, heck i should hav sais poecilotheria in general;-)
That's odd to me, I've always thought they were a bit bland. When I saw metallica I thought "WHOA" and still do.

bscheidt1020

Arachnoknight
I might have to go with Grammostola Pulchra right now....my slings are just little beasts! Either that or maybe Hapalopus sp. Colombia Large. P. Muticus is up there as well. This may all change after I get some T. Gigas and C. Schioedtei or Sumatran Tigers. Who can tell that I am in trouble with this hobby?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
...This is a trick question. It is mentally and physically impossible to only have one t. We are all living proof.

Btw at the moment it would be my G. rosea.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ive wanted one for a looong time and finally my gma asked what i wanted for my bday, so i showed her stampstarantulas.com had them on sale so she put 100 down on it but i had to pay the other 60 lol i have a soft spot for all baboons but this is definitely my favorite at this point in time. In 9-16 months im gonna get 3 more, depending how things go and i didnt win the lottery so...
That's one super cool grandma u got!!