How do breeding loans work nowadays?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm in a situation where I'm going to have to send out some spiders on breeding loans after awhile, and I've been out of the hobby for awhile.

Things have changed, and I was wondering what the accepted practices were for breeding loans?

Who pays for shipping of the male?

Who pays for shipping supplies for slings?

Most importantly: As the owner of the male, how do you ensure the trustworthiness of the person who owns the female?

Stuff like that.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
lots of gambles, all the more so with people, so always some risk
I haven't shipped any but have driven them to their breeding locale

and then an agreement on your cut of the slings, straight up $ amount, or a spider(s) in exchange. That is up to the 2 of you

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
i've only given my hooked out males away free but any of the terms in regards to shipping etc the sac split if any would need to be discussed and agreed upon by both parties before anything. atleast thats how i would do things far as trusting the other person i don think there is a way really the first time. maybe try and find some local t groups in your area dont forget these boards either there are quite a few members worth trusting on here

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
The Invertsonals section is where breeding loans are encouraged. It is part of the Classifieds section.

If posting a breeding loan in our Invertsonals section, for example, we require that each person have a review item created. This way you can see the reviews of others and they can see reviews of you. This is to help people make a more informed decision before entering into any type of transaction. We also require that their TOL (terms of loan) are clearly outlined in the ad.

More information on Review Items can be found in Section 1.1 of the Classifieds Terms and Rules.

Some examples of acceptable TOL can be seen in Section 3.4 of the Classifieds Terms and Rules.

There are several Tutorials that you may find useful.

You can also take a peek at what others have posted for their TOL, in their Invertsonals ads, to get a better idea. ;)

Hope that helped. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm in a situation where I'm going to have to send out some spiders on breeding loans after awhile, and I've been out of the hobby for awhile.

Things have changed, and I was wondering what the accepted practices were for breeding loans?

Who pays for shipping of the male?

Who pays for shipping supplies for slings?

Most importantly: As the owner of the male, how do you ensure the trustworthiness of the person who owns the female?

Stuff like that.
SELL. YOUR MALE! People get ripped off all the time!

Some of the nicest people on here were told “yeah it didn’t work out”

only to see slings for sale later!!!!!!🤮🤮🤮🤮

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
IMO breeding loans are too complicated and risky nowadays, unless it is with a friend. I generally give away my males or sell them. I may ask for 5-30 slings in return (if successful), but have zero expectations. I also will only buy a male if I need one, and not mess around with the loan stuff...too much of a headache for me.