HORRAY FOR LASIODORAs

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Im touching you on common feelings, tell me which is your favorite Lasiodora so I can hurry to my favorite retailer and purchase it!!
Lasiodora striatipes is a good one. You most likely won't find it in a pet store though, in fact I know of very few people who have one. It's a great species, and I'm confounded as to why more people haven't gotten a striatipes :? . Granted, there's nothing wild about them, but I think it's an attractive T and so far my 3.5" striatipes is a lot more defensive than my parahybana that's about the same size. It's easily one of my very favorite T's, although right now I seem to be obsessed with the Tapinauchenius genus.....I must have more! :D
Pics of my L. striatipes:

When I first got it in January, at 2 inches:

After a molt:

How DARE you clean out my enclosure! I'm not having it I tell you!

TheSpiderHouse

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Re: Re: Hardy F'n Har

Not to mention that if you knew my Mother-In-Law, selling her for a P. metallica would be a great deal... ;P

Scott
Webmaster
Husband to Satanika... [/B]
ROFL! I'd take an adult male almost dead G. rosea for mine!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Lasidoras are cool We have the L.Cristatas and the L.parahybana spiderlings can't wait till they grow up. :)

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by LPacker79

How DARE you clean out my enclosure! I'm not having it I tell you!

Thanks for the great pics., LPacker79. I really had a great laugh reading your statement, and seeing the threat display pic!:)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh come on, no-ones going to jump in on the Amenopus alderi post, huh?

fine i'll do it for youse

"yes, dave's right.. the amenopus are great"..

wait, thats just dumb, you're right. ;)

sorry.
Lasiodoras are great. i had one on the lam for about 6 weeks and finally it came back.

peace
dave

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
oh come on, no-ones going to jump in on the Amenopus alderi post, huh?

fine i'll do it for youse

"yes, dave's right.. the amenopus are great"..

wait, thats just dumb, you're right. ;)

sorry.
Lasiodoras are great. i had one on the lam for about 6 weeks and finally it came back.

peace
dave
Hey dave do u have a pic of it?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sean...

dude...

think "wild Ts in 'america junior'"

got it?
there we go, sean.

by the way, enjoy your new gigas... amazing little guys.. i've got a bunch of hystocrates...

great genus!
they love when you snuggle up with them (make sure the chelicerae are facing YOU) ;)

joshing (sorry inuleki :) )

peace
dave

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Re: Hardy F'n Har

Originally posted by RazorRipley
what is it with you people? I appreciate something and you all feel threatened. so I like the Lasiodoras! get over it! pokes arent going no where, I just have personal preference. if im less of a person or "spider fanatic" for like the Lasiodoras, than I admit in bold face type: I SUCK. but.... Im also not struggling to impress others

here's the deal...schmeal...
you might want to learn who's who before bashing the webmistress (alright, it's poetic license) She Who Rules He Who Rules, and insulting people who happen to actually LIKE Poecilotheria as well as Lasiodora...
and just to keep it on topic, I still love parahybana....there's something about my mature couple that I'm going to attempt to mate shortly that just makes the blood run cold :D
I will have to have a REALLY BIG SPOON handy!

Last edited:

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lasiodoras are a nice genus, but nothing to go apesh*t over, I have parahybana, cristata, and difficilis also, but there are many more T's out there with more color and patterns. I agree 100% with LaRiz!!! Take John's advice look up a klugi or maybe a polycuspulatus.

Andy

P.S. RugbyDave when you finally do come up with the adleri, send me a dozen!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Who has Cyclosternum schmardae?

Please post pics if you have this species.

Thanks,

Jon

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a 4 to 5 inch female cristata and 3 inch (unsexed) parahybana and I just love em...next week going to order a couple more parahybana and 2 difficilis....cant wait to start power feeding these new additions :}

Regards, Mike ;)

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like the L. cristata...and the pokies too..... but I think the pokies have become waaaay overrated here lately.....take P. metallica for example.....who in their right mind would drop $400+ on a pet bug?

please dont take offense to me saying that P. metallica purchasers are not in their right minds. I was not talking to you personally, I was just offering my opinion and you can take it for what it is worth to you.....

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
reverendsterlin said:
isn't L. cristata really Nhandu chromatus?
Rev

I was getting ready to post

Nhandu chromatus --> was Lasiodora cristata, Brazilian Red and White

But you beat me to it :p ;P :D