HORRAY FOR LASIODORAs

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im convinced that Lasiodora is going to be the the hip new awesome genus to take the spotlite after the poecilotherias.... Everyone will want them!!! (at least people with class) If you feel that Im touching you on common feelings, tell me which is your favorite Lasiodora so I can hurry to my favorite retailer and purchase it!! I currently have a cristata, parahybana. and a dificillus. All which i got today as reimbursement.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Get ANother

DIfficilis, not too expensive, Very cool, not agressive like parahybana. Probably the longest leg spang in the lasiodoara genus. Mine molted from 2" to 3.25" :eek:. I'll post pics tomarrow.

ANy ways have a nice day.

I hear you on Lasiodora. Have you seen cristata:eek: beautiful coloration and patterns.
I will get one!
any ways have a nice day.

geo

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Originally posted by RazorRipley
Im convinced that Lasiodora is going to be the the hip new awesome genus to take the spotlite after the poecilotherias.... Everyone will want them!!! (at least people with class) If you feel that Im touching you on common feelings, tell me which is your favorite Lasiodora so I can hurry to my favorite retailer and purchase it!! I currently have a cristata, parahybana. and a dificillus. All which i got today as reimbursement.
I sincerely hope that you are not implying that if people do not want a Lasiodora, then they do not have class .......

Debby

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rock on man... Cristata... thats where its at, Im on my second one, the first died young, but holy beautiful!!! beautiful like an aphonopelma brocklehursti. Keep tellin the world, and we will thrive!! LASIODORA IS WHERE ITS AT!

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I sincerely hope that the Krystal employee chick, whatever the hell, is joking about thinking you can have class and not like Lasiodoras.. Lemme guess, youll sell your mother for a Poke Metallica? hmmm, Like i said, get over that played out stuff

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Lasiadora is a nice genus, but I would be hard pressed to call it the next "pokie". I believe that once the rates on the different Xenethis species goes down, that it will have a good chance at what you are talking about.

Jon

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I sincerely hope that the Krystal employee chick, whatever the hell, is joking about thinking you can have class and not like Lasiodoras.. Lemme guess, youll sell your mother for a Poke Metallica? hmmm, Like i said, get over that played out stuff
Eminem?

Jon

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
WTF? In the hobby since January and you bring us this? Lasiodora? It's obvious that your new found love in tarantulas is overwhelming your emotions. What else do you know about Lasiodora cristata? And what is Aphonopelma brocklehursti?
Dude, you need to start out on the right foot here. Know your role, and ask more questions, learn some sh!t.
john

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
<If you continue to disregard the rules regarding Personal attacks, your prediction will come true - Edited by MrD> Ill probably het kicked off for this post... talk to ya later sugar

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lasiodora spp. are nice but there are many other genera that hold much more beautiful and interesting species. I think Lasiodora spp. are a hobby classic and everyone should own one at one time or another but it will never have the die-hard, full-on-woody followers that Poecs have attracted and that is coming from an individual who has openly admitted complete ignorance as to the big deal about pokes.....and even I have to admit that with the recent flux of decent pics of P. metallica slings I'm starting to desire one but I don't have any experience with Poecs specifically and I don't feel that at this time it would be wise for less experienced hobbyists or those not genuinely commited to breeding them to obtain specimens since they are available in such small numbers. It doesn't mean I won't buy a raffle ticket though ;)

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
<If you continue to disregard the rules regarding Personal attacks, your prediction will come true - Edited by MrD>Ill probably het kicked off for this post... talk to ya later sugar
Errrr along with Martin H, Volker von Wirth and Steve Nunn, John's posts are the only ones I routinely make a point of looking out for and reading!

And as for Lasiodora spp........not my cuppa sorry. :)

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
youre about the most anooying person I can think of,
My, oh, my! Why so much anger? Who said I was bashing you? I sincerely apologize if you took it that way. Can't take a little constructive critism though? Now why are you bashing me? GED, what's that stand for? and don't look it up. Am I not intellegent enough for you?
Don't be so obvious in your struggle to find something to bash me with.
Also, to keep this ON-topic, you still haven't answered my previous questions regarding Lasiodora cristata and Aphonopelma brocklehursti. I would sincerely like to know what you know.
john
(the most annoying person to Chris)
PS Lopez for the confidence. Thanks buddy.

RazorRipley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hardy F'n Har

what is it with you people? I appreciate something and you all feel threatened. so I like the Lasiodoras! get over it! pokes arent going no where, I just have personal preference. if im less of a person or "spider fanatic" for like the Lasiodoras, than I admit in bold face type: I SUCK. but.... Im also not struggling to impress others

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Chris,
Copy that. I like Lasiodora just as well as the next. They're an interesting genus. They get very large, are hardy, and easy to keep. I'm not one to put down other genera or species just because of their current market value. That would be an extreme slap in the face of all hobbyists.
I like Poecilotheria too, but not "full-on-woody" as Buspirone so gracefully put it. Everybody has their preferences, that's obvious. Myself, right now it's Cyriopagopus.
Check into Lasiodora klugi. One of my favorites of the genus.
john

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes.........

Very well put, John. I like alot of different species as well, and I do not have one favorite, maybe two or three!;) I like the plain old L. parahybana too. And thanks for all your great info. and expert opinions and great pics. on the board, John, your effort is always appreciated!:)

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Know your role, and ask more questions, learn some sh!t.

I agree with the above statement;P

Razor~what is it with you people? I appreciate something and you all feel threatened.
:rolleyes:

NOPE! Just a little upset at a NEWBIE looking for an issue
THAT IS NOT THERE!;P

Take a chill pill, be nice!

You'll find that MOST people here are really nice.

And if you do not want to SEE someones posts, you can use
the IGNORE feature...........
There's one problem with that though, the person that you
ignore may be the person who can help you;P

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by LaRiz

Check into Lasiodora klugi. One of my favorites of the genus.
john
Damn it John! I thought I was done adding spiders to my wish list. Now I have to add this one. It looks like an Acanthoscurria x B. vagans. raised to the AWESOME! It is very handsome.

Jon

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Re: Hardy F'n Har

what is it with you people? I appreciate something and you all feel threatened. so I like the Lasiodoras! get over it! pokes arent going no where, I just have personal preference. if im less of a person or "spider fanatic" for like the Lasiodoras, than I admit in bold face type: I SUCK. but.... Im also not struggling to impress others
Maybe our problem is with you stating that people not interested in Lasiodora have no class.

Not to mention that if you knew my Mother-In-Law, selling her for a P. metallica would be a great deal... ;P

Scott
Webmaster
Husband to Satanika...

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dude, one thing i know for sure...
don't mess with debby :) she'll beat you down hardcore!

Hey Razor -- the REAL deal is the Amenopus alderi. Seriously, you've got some real class if you can find that T...

forget the Lasiodoras, it's all about the Amenopus.

peace
dave

(shhhhhh ;))

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The L.Parahybana is my favorite T, I love the class.Razor every post i have seen you post you are alwayz ripping someone...What is your deal man?