hopefully not a hybrid.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so weighing in on the original idea of this...those DO look a lot like the hybrids i currently hold in my collection. though im sure there are other color forms of albos out there as well as the black vagans posted earlier i cant help but think those two are hybrids. (i will post pics of the juvies i have if interested BUT i want it to be known i DID NOT breed them myself nor will i release any information other than they were a freebie and im raising them simply to see what they turn out to be)

NOW saying they are both hybrids may actually be slightly beneficial to the hobby becuz for the longest of time we have assumed that hybrids would be sterile. i say IF cody is ready to deal with the flack and barrage of insults hook em up, see what happens...DO NOT sell or distribute but as Bliss mentioned, let them cannibalize each other to an acceptable number and keep them for research purpose...or if nothing else as something no one else has.

i personally know a breeder who is waiting for his current hybrid offspring to reach an adult size just to see what the color difference between MM1-B. vagans X MF1-B. albo and then a different set of babies being MM2-B. albo X MF2-B. vagans. so its all about responsibility and ethics...if u try experiments, fine but when u make them public dont complain about the insults and criticism and DONT be a fool about it and try to stain the already tarnished hobby.

My two cents.

Last edited:

Kirk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
First off they shouldn't be the same species(neither should people).
Race is categorized into subspecies, as are dog breeds.
Umm, not quite. We are a single subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens. The domestic dog, inclusive of all breeds, is the subspecies Canis lupus familiaris.

Good luck trying to unequivocally define the terms race and subspecies, especially when there's no consensus in biology regarding the definition of species.

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pretty please

can anyone help me w/ sexing my albo back on page 1 (if possible?). i can't post the pics elsewhere since they're already posted here (how do people get around that?). thanks!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
can anyone help me w/ sexing my albo back on page 1 (if possible?). i can't post the pics elsewhere since they're already posted here (how do people get around that?). thanks!

thats hijacking and also frowned upon on the boards lmao {D;P

looks female to me.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
People get around it by uploading the pic to photobucket and just linking it from here.

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Umm, not quite. We are a single subspecies, Homo sapiens sapiens. The domestic dog, inclusive of all breeds, is the subspecies Canis lupus familiaris.
I stand corrected, I guess I remembered it wrong, but PLEASE don't quote me along side someone saying that people shouldn't be in the same species. :rolleyes:

Anyways, found an interesting article about race taxonomy here: http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v36/n11s/full/ng1455.html

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thats hijacking and also frowned upon on the boards lmao {D;P

looks female to me.
not sure if that was intended to be sarcastic, but my post was clearly relevant. cody asked if i knew the sex of mine and if i could post pics, since our albos were likely sacmates; i posted and received no reply.

People get around it by uploading the pic to photobucket and just linking it from here.
awesome, thx!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
haha i love how threads are so lit up around here! hahaha:clap:

and hokie, its hard to say what sex yours is.

the top right picture sorta looks male and then the last bottom picture looks female.

not the best pics to sex it from.

Krippschick

Arachnopeon
Im sorry if I upset anyone, and my husband wasnt being racist, he has bi racial relatives. It just seemed a few people were upset not knowing what they were buying. I understand it would be very costly to register breeds. It was just food for thought, I wasnt trying to compare dogs to tarantulas necessarily. If the honor system is working so well, why are people upset? And shouldnt we give time to someone to build that honor system? Maybe the people who say they wont sell hybrids and keep them and so on...will keep their word. They just need the time to build a reputation. Just my opinion. Not saying im in any way an expert. I just think new people should be given a chance, at least one anyways.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Cody- As I mentioned in another thread we are going to be neighbors in a couple of months. I have a large female that I am certain (as anyone in the hobby can be) is a pure B. albopilosum.

You are welcome to take a look at her when I get settled in for a close up comparison with yours. I'd snap a pic but she is gettting ready to molt, and in typical fashion for this species, has completely buried herself.

Honestly, I know you can't tell from a picture, but I find that light edging on the carapace unusual. I've owned several of these and they have all been relatively uniformly colored. Mine look more like the link Eric (Go Terps) provided.

Scott

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha i love how threads are so lit up around here! hahaha:clap:

and hokie, its hard to say what sex yours is.

the top right picture sorta looks male and then the last bottom picture looks female.

not the best pics to sex it from.
ok, thanks... i appreciate the reply. those were the clearest shots i could get, so oh well. i'll be curious to see whether mine looks similar to yours in a few molts, and i made a note to follow-up on this thread when that happens.

Krippschick

Arachnopeon
Well all i can say is I, for one, am not racist. There are good and bad people in every race/country/everywhere. I will just stick to reading the forums. I dont want to cause any problems.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
not sure if that was intended to be sarcastic, but my post was clearly relevant. cody asked if i knew the sex of mine and if i could post pics, since our albos were likely sacmates; i posted and received no reply.

awesome, thx!

nah i was being saucy thats all lol{D....and as i said i think female ;)

ps just realized this was my 666th post...i shall never post again lmao. thanks everyone for putting up with me!

Last edited:

endoflove

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmm i was always under the impression that even close related T's had a hard time breeding( like the issue with T. Blondie and T. spp. maybe we have been trying to breed 2 diffrent spiders together =low success rate?) but a far form speculation im wondering how reseptive the female must have been hmm.....

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nah i was being saucy thats all lol{D....and as i said i think female ;)

ps just realized this was my 666th post...i shall never post again lmao. thanks everyone for putting up with me!
well your sauce is a little weak;)

lol j/k. thanks for the input

Last edited:

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hybrids are <bleep>
it serves no purpose regardless if it happens ON THE RARE OCCASION naturally
and they are ugly as <bleep>

Last edited by a moderator: