Heteroscodra maculata

deathcrew

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LPS has a Heteroscodra maculata 3.5in. for sale 15.00 is that a good deal?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
pretty sure it is as long as that's the kind of attitude you're looking for;) it's hard to beat an adult T for less than $20:}

deathcrew

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not really into them but it does seem like a good deal to me !

ph0bia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it's a female, great deal for a feisty and exciting spider!
Hope you're prepared ;)

Actually, that said, never had any troubles with my girlfriends one.

If it's a male, still a good deal, just not AS good. =P

deathcrew

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No the lady there told me she went to feed it and it ran out and went up her arm. Her husband freaked out and they got it back in but she thought she shut the lid on it and took two of it's legs off. She said I think it's dead I looked at it's enclosure and she was looking at a molt. The T. was sitting in it's tube web, looked fine to me!

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Buy it. $15 is a great deal for an H mac that size, and you should be able to easily sex it if its 3.5''. The females have that beautiful whitish coloring, and the males don't.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pretty sure it is as long as that's the kind of attitude you're looking for;) it's hard to beat an adult T for less than $20:}
That's not an adult but a juvie. I'd say it is a good deal!! Male or female at that....

ph0bia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a few. I haven't been impressed with "feisty" or "exciting" when it comes to this species.
It can be. She's never been a problem for us, but if she's out of the hide and we open the doors (usually accidental) she can move fast and their bite is quite nasty. Also, they do bite repeatedly if they get chance, though again, never seen any aggression.

Just don't poke around in the hide, I'd guess, like P.murinus, they'd be more defensive there. I have seen and heard of people who had feistier specimens and have been bitten several times in quick succession. I love them. =)

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
good point:worship: i just think of them as "adult" after they start looking like tarantulas instead of just kind of big spiders:}

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
As I am partial to the Africans as well.

I say it's a great deal.

Must be a male, It's a brownish green with lighter colored markings.
when younger these T's are that color, they do not get the white colors till they get bigger.

post a pic :)

how long has the LPS had it?
if it has been there for a few weeks. then get it.
Any short term issues from shipping have already been eliminated.

I have a pair of girls :)

so if it is a boy let me know.

deathcrew

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As I am partial to the Africans as well.

I say it's a great deal.

when younger these T's are that color, they do not get the white colors till they get bigger.

post a pic :)

how long has the LPS had it?
if it has been there for a few weeks. then get it.
Any short term issues from shipping have already been eliminated.

I have a pair of girls :)

so if it is a boy let me know.
Not sure how long it's been there, I'll take a trip there tomorrow.

Halfbreed

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just bought my first Heteroscodra maculata the other week from a pet store that was trying to sell her to a kid as an unknown t. Luckily the kid didn't get her. I paid $20 for her at six inches. You should by the one you are looking at. I love mine. She does have ALOT of attitude but they truly are gorgeous.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She does have ALOT of attitude but they truly are gorgeous.
I don't know what you frame of reference is but I don't think their attitude is anything particularly noteworthy--they're no more so than anything from Africa and I'd definitely rank them below other species.

CWall2001

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have seen a couple of the guys on here act like that, like they don't have that much attitude, but mine does. At least it's a lot worse than my OBT or C. crawshayi.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have seen a couple of the guys on here act like that, like they don't have that much attitude, but mine does. At least it's a lot worse than my OBT or C. crawshayi.
Someone around here referred to them as S. calceatum light. Very appropriate.